Long Beach Hilton A+++

DJ56

Just got back from my Splendor cruise out of Long Beach. Stayed at the Long Beach Hilton the night before the cruise and was pleasantly surprised how wonderful everything was. The hotel is gorgeous. The hotel shuttle took us to the Islands Burgers & Drinks for dinner. We then went to Walmart for a 6 pack of pop. Once done there we called the shuttle and they were there in about 10 minutes. We wanted to go to the Queen Mary for breakfast before boarding the Splendor. The shuttle took us to the QM around 10:00 a.m. The shuttle ride is free. We just tipped the driver every time he took us some where. Had a truly wonderful experience there. Would stay there again. Any questions, please ask.

We flew into LAX and took the Super Shuttle to LB Hilton. It was $20.00 per person (I think $3.00 was tip ~ Super Shuttle was $17.00) per way. Easy to find and took us right to the Hilton. Also booked our trip back to LAX before hand on the computer. As soon as we got off of the Splendor we went to where we were directed and within minutes we were heading to LAX. Very very convenient and would do again. Have a GREAT time on the Splendor!! We sure did!!:)

We have stayed at the Hilton a couple of times before cruises also and will be again next month with a group of 30 friends. It is a great hotel and especially for the price! All the employees are very accommodating. The bar is fun, but we've never had much luck in the restaurant. There are some pics in my signature.

Thanks for the info. I'm sorry for so many questions but here is another one: How much does it usually cost per night to stay there? I have read on other threads that you can get a discount if you are sailing with Carnival, but does anyone know if I would be able to do this for my sailing in March?

We flew into LAX and took the Super Shuttle to LB Hilton. It was $20.00 per person (I think $3.00 was tip ~ Super Shuttle was $17.00) per way. Easy to find and took us right to the Hilton. Also booked our trip back to LAX before hand on the computer. As soon as we got off of the Splendor we went to where we were directed and within minutes we were heading to LAX. Very very convenient and would do again. Have a GREAT time on the Splendor!! We sure did!!:)

Glad to hear you had a great time on the Splendor!! I'm cruising on the Splendor next month and am thinking about taking a very late flight home after the cruise. Do you remember if Carnival has any excursions for that day that then take you to LAX later in the day? Just looking for a few options to kill some time. I know the Queen Mary and the Aquarium are also options.

Thanks for the info. I'm sorry for so many questions but here is another one: How much does it usually cost per night to stay there? I have read on other threads that you can get a discount if you are sailing with Carnival, but does anyone know if I would be able to do this for my sailing in March?

We used the Carnival code and got the room for around 107.00 which included taxes. I do not know what the 2011 code is. I think the room is normally around 164.00 or so plus taxes. No problem with questions!!

Glad to hear how nice the Hilton is. We are a group of 8 from Michigan sailing on the Splendor 1/9/11. We are flying in on 1/8 and I suggested the Hilton. How was breakfast at the Queen Mary?

The breakfast was nice. We ate at the Cafe and had their buffet for around 12.95 or so. We really enjoyed the QM walking the halls and thinking about all of its history. I think we spent around 3 hours or so at the QM. Really made our morning more special before we boarded the Splendor. ENJOY!!

We used the Carnival code and got the room for around 107.00 which included taxes. I do not know what the 2011 code is. I think the room is normally around 164.00 or so plus taxes. No problem with questions!!

How did you find this code? Through fellow CC members, or can you call them to get it? I wouldn't imagine that they would just have it floating freely on their website :rolleyes: but you never know. I wouldn't mind spending a little more on the room, but I want to save some to spend later on board :D.

How did you find this code? Through fellow CC members, or can you call them to get it? I wouldn't imagine that they would just have it floating freely on their website :rolleyes: but you never know. I wouldn't mind spending a little more on the room, but I want to save some to spend later on board :D.

Actually found it on this site. Keep looking! Otherwise I would just call and ask. Say you are sailing on Carnival. I know someone wrote a few weeks ago that Carnival and Hilton had not finalized for next year. I would keep looking and/or call. Have a GREAT cruise!!

Glad to hear how nice the Hilton is. We are a group of 8 from Michigan sailing on the Splendor 1/9/11. We are flying in on 1/8 and I suggested the Hilton. How was breakfast at the Queen Mary?

I see your from fremont! I will be sailing right after you on Jan 16, 2011! I have a group of 20 of us... we are from Grand Haven.

Small world!

Happy Sailing,

Sue

We wanted to go to the Queen Mary for breakfast before boarding the Splendor.quote]

I am interested in doing this, too. (I had my very first bar drink on the QM, many, many years ago and feel a little nostaligic about it!) How did it work out for you? What did you do with your luggage? We have a lot of people in our party.

I was able to get two rooms at the LB Hilton for $94 rate using the code this morning, though it required I do one room at a time. I was trying to get 4 rooms in all, but it cut me off after two and began showing a price of $169 per room after that. I also noticed it said that parking was listed as $15 on my receipt.

I did not proceed. Now I have 4 rooms at Holiday Inn and 2 at the Hilton! I even tried making the remaining reservations from a different computer, to no avail. I am not sure what is up with all this. Very temperamental system!

The QM said they could hold our luggage for us, however, Carnival took them from us which made it very handy for us to then walk over to the QM and eat the buffet and then stroll all around the QM at our leisure. Plus on deck we wer able to admire the Splendor plus take some nice pictures of it before we boarded. Enjoy your cruise and your breakfast on the QM!

Just got back from my Splendor cruise out of Long Beach. Stayed at the Long Beach Hilton the night before the cruise and was pleasantly surprised how wonderful everything was. The hotel is gorgeous. The hotel shuttle took us to the Islands Burgers & Drinks for dinner. We then went to Walmart for a 6 pack of pop. Once done there we called the shuttle and they were there in about 10 minutes. We wanted to go to the Queen Mary for breakfast before boarding the Splendor. The shuttle took us to the QM around 10:00 a.m. The shuttle ride is free. We just tipped the driver every time he took us some where. Had a truly wonderful experience there. Would stay there again. Any questions, please ask.

Thanks for the info. We are in the midst of planning flights and hotel for our April 2011 Carnival Splendor cruise.

One of my favorite things to do pre-cruise is to watch the ship come in at 0:dark hundred. Did you have a room overlooking the port? Are there rooms overlooking the port?

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. We are in the midst of planning flights and hotel for our April 2011 Carnival Splendor cruise.

One of my favorite things to do pre-cruise is to watch the ship come in at 0:dark hundred. Did you have a room overlooking the port? Are there rooms overlooking the port?

Thanks.

Be aware that the weekend of April 15/16/17 is Grand Prix weekend in Long Beach. The race runs downtown and the people attending fill up all of the recommend hotels. Traffic is heavy and parking impossible and expensive. You may want to make your hotel reservation now if you are departing date or perhaps consider staying in San Pedro.

Even if you had a high south facing room, I don't know if you could see the ship come into port. Even staying on the Queen Mary you wouldn't be able to unless you are out on deck as it docks behind the QM.

Be aware that the weekend of April 15/16/17 is Grand Prix weekend in Long Beach. The race runs downtown and the people attending fill up all of the recommend hotels. Traffic is heavy and parking impossible and expensive. You may want to make your hotel reservation now if you are departing date or perhaps consider staying in San Pedro.

Even if you had a high south facing room, I don't know if you could see the ship come into port. Even staying on the Queen Mary you wouldn't be able to unless you are out on deck as it docks behind the QM.

Thanks. We are sailing the first weekend in April.

Archived