Night walking tour Old San Juan

glin930

Our ship (Carnival Triumph) will arrive at old San Juan on Monday 4/25/2005 at around 4 to 5 pm. It will depart at around midnight. We are a family of 4 (w/ 2 boys age 7 & 3). Is there any walking tour you will recommend? Is it safe to walk on our own? Or is there any independent tour that you will recommend? We are interested to go El Yunke (the rain forest) but I am afriad is too late & too far away from pier and can not make it. Appreciate any suggestion. Also is there any web site that I can get a map, ... etc. Thanks.

If I want to do a self walking tour in Old San Juan at the late afternoon & evening. Is there any famous spot I should go to? Are they within one or two miles from dock? Also is it safe to walk at night?

BTW, I am with my family (me, my wife, and two boys).

Thanks

Hi- Fodors website has a walking tour you can print out. The castles close at 5 pm. however, and I don't know how safe walking at night is- hope someone else can give you some further info. Have a great trip!

I agree with Clubber. Debbie is a wonderful guide and she gets you into buildings that are closed to the public. She is alot of fun and will point out places to go after her tour ends. We just did the Night Tales tour in January, the night before our Golden Princess cruise.

It's from 6-8 pm and you meet right in front of the Tourist info building (near the piers).

Can't wait to go back.

Just got back from OSJ 3 days ago. We did the night tale with Debra and had a great time. We checked into the cruise ship at 4pm, met Debra at 6pm, did the walk until 8 pm and were back on the ship by 8:30.

We walked the whole OSJ area on another night (just me and my wife) and felt safe the whole time. Many if not most of the homes are VERY expensive and we did not see any "low income" areas at all.

Jim

Hi Jim - my husband and myself booked old san juan walking tour today we are going to san juan in july on carnival legend - glad to hear you had a good time - does Debbie recommend any restaurants or places to go after to tour - or would you suggest going right back to the ship - can't wait - everyone has made this tour sound great. rita

We did a private morning tour with Debbie of Legends of Puerto Rico

and it was wonderful.

She said that 95% of her tours are the evening tours, and really enjoyed doing our morning tour since she did not get to do many of them.

She did say that the tours are totally different.

• 4 weeks later...

We did the night time walking tour in March and loved it- afterwards, Debbie took us to her favorite restaurant, helped us order and joined for a bit- it was wonderful and a very local place. We felt very safe and would go back to OSJ on our own anytime. Debbie was great!

Purplebubbie

Sounds like fun. How far is her office from the pier where Carnival docks? I'd like to send my husband and daughter on this, while my son and I do the night horseback riding through the rain forest. My daughter wants to know if you can keep the coconut flashlight, or perhaps buy it. Thanks.

Archived