Carnival cancelled excursion..

CodyNate

Checked my email this morning and had a message from Carnvial - the email did not come through clearly - had lots of code with the message embedded within it etc - so I was a little skeptical - it stated that an excurision I had booked online in Cozumel had been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances beyond their control - I called Carnival to see if they could verify with me that this was in fact the case because of the way the email appeared when I opened it. The only number I had for Carnival was to a PVP that I had been receiving emails from - I called she basically could not tell me what was going on - proceeded to tell me because I booked my cruise with a TA that she wasn't able to help me - I told her yes I did use a TA to book my cruise but booked the shore excursions directly off Carnivals website. It didn't matter she told me my options were to reply to the email and hope someone responds or to call their IT department but that probably wouldn't be able to help me. Has anyone had this happen to them? Does anyone have a number to Carnival besides the one to a PVP? She did say that they had a shore excursion department but they don't answer calls!!

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

yes - I have gone back to the shore excursion page and my reservation page and it is listed in both places - it even has it listed on the page where you can book your excursions - I would think they would remove it if they were not going to be offering this excursion.

Call Carnival again and ask to speak to the department that handles the online excursions. I booked thru a travel agent and was able to talk directly to online booking department.( not exactly sure of name of department) They did answer all my questions. Just call 800 Carnival and ask o be transfered.

I booked thru a travel agent and was able to talk directly to online booking department.

Just for the record, I too booked through a TA.. :)

And I had tried to book the excursion online, which prompted my e-mail in the first place. They were very cordial to me, even though I booked the cruise through a TA, but the excursion through them! :D

Archived