Thomson Dream On Watchdog 23 Sept

EJNutz

I think you'll find it was filmed in July. If you look closely, at one point they have strategically placed a cruise newsletter on a toilet that clearly shows the date.

I was on the Dream in july and had a different experience. The question is did they film that newsletter at the same time as the they did the interviews and took the videos? They mention that they booked a 5 day cruise and as there was only one 5 day in May detracts from the authority of the item. If they can't get the date right what can you believe?

Can you post the link please, bankiegirl? I can't find it. Thanks :)

Hi, Jim has beaten me to it. Yes this is the link. I know some people have have had a positive experience, and I hope things improve greatly for the people who are travelling in the next few weeks. I have enjoyed all seven of my Thomson cruises, but I just couldn't cope with this on my holidays.

I was on the Dream in july and had a different experience. The question is did they film that newsletter at the same time as the they did the interviews and took the videos? They mention that they booked a 5 day cruise and as there was only one 5 day in May detracts from the authority of the item. If they can't get the date right what can you believe?

Of course your asumption could be correct. In the film they say it was a 5 day cruise. There was a few anomilies in that film and not something the BBC should be proud to be associated with. Bordering on gutter press tactics I woulds say.

Of course your asumption could be correct. In the film they say it was a 5 day cruise. There was a few anomilies in that film and not something the BBC should be proud to be associated with. Bordering on gutter press tactics I woulds say.

I think that in the interests of balance (and to alleviate the concerns of soon-to-be-travellers on Dream) at the very least they should have put it into context:

- when the filming had been done,

- perhaps the background to it's entry into service with Thomson (the accident and ash cloud situation - they really should have cancelled at least the first trip out to check everything was functioning properly)

- also the current situation.

At least it would have presented a more informative report.

I can't understand people that would go and spend £1200 per person on a holiday and not research it inside out. How could you not know that the ship wasn't a new build........I mean..........look at it!!:eek: I like to think that I know pretty much everything there is to know about RCI Freedom Class ships and the standard of service to expect from them.

With regards the report, wasn't great was it - although I have to say (prepare for obligatory flaming) why the heck you'd want to spend a holiday on that ship when for similar money you could do Adventure out of Malaga and from next year Liberty out of Barcelona...:confused:

Or the Grandeur, or, or or

I was on the Dream 21-28th September. The watchdog show was on t.v while i was on the ship, i recorded it for when i returned and when i watched the awful footage it was like watching a different cruise ship! I felt really sorry for the people that had this horrific experience BUT there is no doubt this ship has improved since then! So anyone going on this ship in the future don't let this put you off!!! I had an amazing holiday, i loved it so much the day i got back i booked to go on the Dream again for September 2011.

I was on the Dream 21-28th September. The watchdog show was on t.v while i was on the ship, i recorded it for when i returned and when i watched the awful footage it was like watching a different cruise ship! I felt really sorry for the people that had this horrific experience BUT there is no doubt this ship has improved since then! So anyone going on this ship in the future don't let this put you off!!! I had an amazing holiday, i loved it so much the day i got back i booked to go on the Dream again for September 2011.

I agree. We were also on that week and the following - just got back, in fact. Will post a review shortly.

I agree. We were also on that week and the following - just got back, in fact. Will post a review shortly.

Thanks for your feedback. I am crusing on the Dream next week and was a bit apprehensive now feel a whole lot better.

Archived