Booking a trip to Stingray City from the port

Karysa

Not a catamaran trip, but both Moby Dick and Capt. Marvin were taking walk up business for their trips when we were in GC. We had reservations and paid "Mrs. Moby" in cash ($40? :confused:), so no credit card involved. Can't say enough good things about Moby Dick -- we had a blast!:) Plus I have several years of good luck left after kissing a ray!:rolleyes:

Not a catamaran trip, but both Moby Dick and Capt. Marvin were taking walk up business for their trips when we were in GC. We had reservations and paid "Mrs. Moby" in cash ($40? :confused:), so no credit card involved. Can't say enough good things about Moby Dick -- we had a blast!:) Plus I have several years of good luck left after kissing a ray!:rolleyes:

Hi, just curious, was that $40 pp. Would they have taken a credit card and if so would the price have been different? Are they close to where the tender docks?Thanks.

I thought that I had it narrowed down to Stingray Sailing but I just don't think that we have time in the morning to ensure that we will be at the dock by the meeting time. Now I am leaning more towards Native Way because the times work better for me at least in the morning. I will have to check and see how many ships will be in GC that day and if there are less than 4 maybe I will just wait until I get in port to book something. The problem is that there are 5 of us so that may make it a little more tricky. I just keep reading about how crowded the cruiselines trips to Stingray City are and although it would be way more convenient, I just don't want a packed liked sardines sort of excursion. Too bad the cruiselines don't run a smaller excursion boat as well because I am sure that there are many people that would choose this option given the chance.

Hi, just curious, was that $40 pp. Would they have taken a credit card and if so would the price have been different? Are they close to where the tender docks?Thanks.

They take cash and are quite close to the docks...they are great

I thought that I had it narrowed down to Stingray Sailing but I just don't think that we have time in the morning to ensure that we will be at the dock by the meeting time. Now I am leaning more towards Native Way because the times work better for me at least in the morning. I will have to check and see how many ships will be in GC that day and if there are less than 4 maybe I will just wait until I get in port to book something. The problem is that there are 5 of us so that may make it a little more tricky. I just keep reading about how crowded the cruiselines trips to Stingray City are and although it would be way more convenient, I just don't want a packed liked sardines sort of excursion. Too bad the cruiselines don't run a smaller excursion boat as well because I am sure that there are many people that would choose this option given the chance.

We've used NativeWays 3x and always had a good experience with them. They are FAR LESS crowded than the cruiseline excursions (maybe 20 - 25 people tops). Yes, you can wait until you get off, but there is no need when there are other non-cruiseline agencies that will book you in advance.

We've used NativeWays 3x and always had a good experience with them. They are FAR LESS crowded than the cruiseline excursions (maybe 20 - 25 people tops). Yes, you can wait until you get off, but there is no need when there are other non-cruiseline agencies that will book you in advance.

Thanks, they have an excursion that includes going to Rum point beach that I think will work for us.

I decided to just book the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion with Native Way. Since we are only making three port stops we figure that we will need at least two excursions that include time on the beach so this one seems perfect for us. I just hope that we have better luck getting off of the ship then we did the last time we went to GC. I will just have to get up early and get an early tender ticket. Thanks for the information. I figured that if you went 3 times and still enjoyed it that it must be good.

Archived