Beach BBQ and Marina

wingit

If the Legend is having a Beach BBQ on Prickly Pear Island do they also have the ship's marina open for use?

We've been on 2 Seabourn cruises but the marina was not utilized in either one. Hoping we'll get a chance to experience it on the Legend.

Thanks!

We will be on Legend next June. I really want to enjoy the mariana, but it's only listed as available in Porquerolles, France which is the main port my husband wants to visit, and the ship is only docked until 2p. I know Porquerolles is a small island. Do you think we can do both?

We will be on Legend next June. I really want to enjoy the mariana, but it's only listed as available in Porquerolles, France which is the main port my husband wants to visit, and the ship is only docked until 2p. I know Porquerolles is a small island. Do you think we can do both?

You will not be docked,the ship will be at anchor,so as the marina can be deployed.

The marina will be open for about 3 hours (probably 11-2), so you can go ashore in the morning. Porquerolles has a hilltop fort from which you will be able to take good photos of the Legend out in the bay. There is also a pretty good beach (Plage d'Argent). It is very laid back and when we were there, we felt like the Legend's passengers were the only people on the island who weren't French.

As far as Prickly Pear, I would not count on the marina being open during the beach barbeque. Too many of the ship's staff are working on the island to safely staff the marina. That is why the watersports activities are accessed from the beach rather than from the ship. If you want to use the marina, select an itinerary which includes Jost van Dyke.

Archived