Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Today is the big day, proposing to Tracy tonight in the Scarlett’s Steakhouse. The funny thing is ‘it’s the first time I will be proposing to her’. Back 17.5 years ago I told her lets go shopping for your ring and that was the extent of the proposal. We had talked about marriage and I assumed it was a done deal. When I said " lets go shopping for your ring" she responded " are you asking me to marry you" the big dummy answered " I guess so". Not very romantic and every once in a while she reminds me of it, even Mitchel has told me a couple of times " Dad, why didn’t you do it right, get down on one knee". Well tonight I’m finally going to do it right.

We got at about 08:00 a.m and spent some time on the balcony, looking at an approaching island ( Mahogany Bay). Went to the gym, I did 4 miles combined on the treadmill and elliptical machine and Tracy did 5 miles on the treadmill. Unfortunately, even with all the weights/cardio training we still gained weight. :(

Ordered room service for breakfast and went on the balcony to enjoy the food/view

Mahagony Bay in the distance

Cruising2010215.jpg

Cruising2010217.jpg

Rainbow

Cruising2010213.jpg

Edited by MikeyA53

Getting so anxious now that the proposal is drawing near..... My hubby's proposal was similar to yours, so it renews my hope that MAYBE there's a chance for some little sliver of romance to develop in this man as he ages....lol! :p

Have been LOVING this review! What a dream trip!

Close up

Cruising2010231.jpg

Shops

Cruising2010232.jpg

Extreme close up

Cruising2010233.jpg

Bridge leading to Mahogany beach (easy walking distance)

Cruising2010234.jpg

Beach and Shops

Cruising2010235.jpg

Shipwreck

Cruising2010236.jpg

We had lunch at the Fish 'n Chip, upper level of Rosie's Lido Restaurant. The Brits have to have their Fish and Chips. :D Tracy and I shared fish & chips, fried oysters and fried shrimps, calamari and zuchini. Delicious.:p

Cruising2010237.jpg

what a trip, now can you please get to the proposal, I too have a husband that skirted around the question and still to this day after 32 years says to me "well you really never said yes directly.. You review is wonderful. thank you

Thank you smallworldtraveller, flyawayca and whendoweleave? I will have the proposal finished by tonight. I keep running in and out of the house trying to get things done. Cutting the lawn (1 1/2 acre) and doing laundry (Tracy is a Paramedic and is presently working a 24hr shift). The kids will be getting home from school soon and I'll have to prepare their dinner. It might be my day off but I'm certaintly not on vacation anymore.

After lunch we disembarked and looked around the shops for a while with Peter and Rosemary. Then Tracy, Arielle and I went to Mahogany beach with the grandparents continued shopping.

085_85.jpg

086_86.jpg

087_87.jpg

024.jpg

089_89.jpg

Tired out

088_88.jpg

The pictures of Mahogany beach are absolutely beautiful. Thank you for posting them. I think I will definitely make sure this is on the my list of my must stops. Again, thank you.

Karen

PS I hope you have pictures of the new ring.

Getting so anxious now that the proposal is drawing near..... My hubby's proposal was similar to yours, so it renews my hope that MAYBE there's a chance for some little sliver of romance to develop in this man as he ages....lol! :p

Have been LOVING this review! What a dream trip!

** Don't feel bad because mine was the same way as well! Ha! I even had to call my husband and read that portion to him..... sounded just like mine the amount of years married etc.... he still hasnt lived it down.~

LOVING the review! :)

The pictures of Mahogany beach are absolutely beautiful. Thank you for posting them. I think I will definitely make sure this is on the my list of my must stops. Again, thank you.

Karen

PS I hope you have pictures of the new ring.

Thank you, yes but no closeup.

Mahogany Beach

092_92.jpg

The beach lift overhead was $10 per person per day. Beware of big lineups to get back. The walk is only about 5-10 minutes.

093_93.jpg

My girls

094_94.jpg

Your truly enjoying the water

095_95.jpg

My sweetheart

100_100.jpg

Today is the big day, proposing to Tracy tonight in the Scarlett’s Steakhouse. The funny thing is ‘it’s the first time I will be proposing to her’. Back 17.5 years ago I told her lets go shopping for your ring and that was the extent of the proposal. We had talked about marriage and I assumed it was a done deal. When I said " lets go shopping for your ring" she responded " are you asking me to marry you" the big dummy answered " I guess so". Not very romantic and every once in a while she reminds me of it, even Mitchel has told me a couple of times " Dad, why didn’t you do it right, get down on one knee". Well tonight I’m finally going to do it right.

How romantic!!! I can't stand it. Loving your review and the pictures of your family. I feel like I'm part of your family!!! LOL