Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

I did not want you to think I was being pushy as I too wanted to tell you your lovely kids are big enough to grab something to eat by themselves just for tonight, I wanted the proposal also... I read this at work today and was waiting and waiting for you to get to this part now i want to read about the vows. You are man who stole all our hearts. your wife and children are very lucky. I know your job is not easy, you are a very talented writer, great father and a loving husband. What did you kids have to say after this?

thank you, you did bring tears in my eyes also

I'm glad you asked, I forgot to mentioned it last night. I had told them before we left for Scarlett's that I wanted them to come back to our cabin at 10:00 p.m for a meeting.

When we told them, Mitchel said " YES, way to go dad" They both had a big smile on their face. We then told them that we would like for them to be our witnesses.

We had several good choices in Tracy's parents and our best friends to act as our witnesses but I remembered someone on a thread who suggested and I quote: willianjonsmom from http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1190235&page=4

When they do the vow renewal they will ask for two witness signatures, I know her parents will be along, however we re-newed our vows on our 25th Wedding Anniversary and our 2 teenage sons were along and they were our witnesses and that certiifcate is really special to me as it meant our family was all together and that my sons were able to share in the love and romance that My Husband and I share and perhaps do the same for thier wives someday. Just My Opinion. And it was a surprise vow renewal and it was perfect. Have a fabulous time your wife is a lucky lady!!

Whew! spent all day reading from page 1 as I forgot where I left off!

Fantastic pictures, couldn't wait for the proposal!!!

DH and got engaged similar way, basically a "let's get married" No ring, we were trying to buy a house and raise his kids from prior marriage. Bought 10K wedding rings because gold was sky high in 1983. Got married on a shoestring budget. Couldn't afford a photographer, had a friend take pics.

Fast forward to 2008 married 25 years. We decided to renew vows on Carnival Miracle. We had a dinner on our actual 25th (June 11) and did the renewal that September. At the dinner hubby surprised me with a multi-diamond anniversary band. I had two cakes made up, one with the original top to our wedding cake. We renewed on board and had decided to pay for a video of the ceremony. Ship photographer took some pics and long story short I now have a "professional" wedding album.

Not trying to steal Mike and Tracy's moments here, I'm just saying to any of you who love to cruise, renewing your vows on board is romantic and will give you life long memories of having done it.

Congratulations Mike and Tracy can't wait to see the renewal photos, it's bringing back so many memories!

Kathy

We are happy for both of you, renewing our vows with family and friends was special and will be remembered for the rest of our lives. Shhhh, don't tell Tracy but I would like to do it again, our 25th maybe.

Mike - I think I can speak for all the men when I say - STOP IT!!! You are making all of us look really bad.

I thought I did good by surprising my wife with a cruise for her 40th B-day....but THIS is ridiculous. Every woman on here is giving their guy Hell....and it is ALL YOUR FAULT. :)

Now (if you must) get on with it and make us look even worse....

:)

I must, the damage it done anyway.:D

Thursday, Sept 1st : Belize . (Arrival 08:00 a.m - departure 5:00 p.m)

We were up at about 7:30 a.m, Tracy went to the sauna with Natalie while I went to the gym for a workout. Afterwards we ordered room service (love room service), no rush to get off the ship. Belize is a tender port and it’s quite a distance to the pier. Initially you had to obtain a tender ticket , available starting at 8:30 a.m in the Eagles Lounge to go ashore. After the rush you could simply go to deck 0 without a tender ticket.

Loading the guests

Cruising2010267.jpg

Ships waiting to come along side

Cruising2010270.jpg

Cruising2010268.jpg

Belize in the distance

Cruising2010272-1.jpg

Cruising2010273-1.jpg

We are happy for both of you, renewing our vows with family and friends was special and will be remembered for the rest of our lives. Shhhh, don't tell Tracy but I would like to do it again, our 25th maybe.

Mums the word, Mike!

Someone posted this thread on our upcoming Miracle B2B. I don't usually read threads that have no direct relevance to me but decided to check it out. Like everyone has said, what a heart warming experience. We actually have 2 couples that are planning on renewing their vows on that cruise and I am so hoping they too will read this thread. Thank you for making my day!

Hi everyone, this is Tracy.

I think the only words I have for all of this is WOW!, this is truly AMAZING!. I knew Mike was putting a review on here, but I didn’t think it would become so popular.

This years vacation was my favorite. I guess I can’t make fun of him anymore about how he never asked me to marry him. As a young girl I always dreamed of the man I love getting down on one knee and proposing, like you see in the movies.

He kept the secret extremely well and I never saw it coming. Now when I think back it all adds up. He took me to look at rings, (I had my original wedding ring stolen years ago and Mike kept saying "well, maybe on our 20th wedding anniversary I’ll buy you another one"), he kept bringing me shopping for dresses (unusual), he wanted me to have plenty of time to get ready for the evening and look nice (also unusual for him to take that much interest), he wanted to sit next to me instead of opposite, which is where he would sit normally. Yes 2+2=4 now.

I felt so special on that evening, I still feel on top of the world and I have to tell myself that, OMG this really happened and I’m so lucky. I’m married to a man that I truly love with all my heart and he did this for me. He made me feel so special.

To all those guys out there that have been reading Mikes review. It’s never too late. This was even more special for me, because after all these years, for him to do this,( which was a bit out of character for him) just makes me love him and want him so much more.

Ladies, just keep hinting around and eventually it will happen, hopefully it won’t take 17 years though.

I’m so happy to see that our vacation is being enjoyed by so many nice people, I’ve been reading all the comments, every single one makes me smile and I hope I get to meet some of you on a future Cruise. Thank you for that.

The girls decided to go shopping for the renewal (accessories, jewelry, whatever, the guys just tagged along).

Welcome to Belize

Cruising2010287-2.jpg

Cruising2010290.jpg

The girls checking out the shop

Cruising2010286.jpg

Hey Rick, going on a safari

Cruising2010285.jpg

Cruising2010284.jpg

Outside the complex, trying to earn a living

Cruising2010282.jpg

We enjoyed ourselves walking around the shops, Tracy bought herself a purse and a shawl. No pressure from the sellers makes it more relaxing too.

Carnival Valor in the distance

DSCN1315-1.jpg

Cruising2010293-1.jpg

DSCN1314-1.jpg

Time for a break

Then it was time for a break. We went to Sandpiper for snacks and drinks.

Cruising2010483.jpg

Gotcha

Cruising2010294.jpg

Cruising2010297-1.jpg

What do you mean, no Fish & Chips

DSCN1311.jpg

Do I look Kool?

DSCN1313.jpg

See, it works.

DSCN1309.jpg

WHAT an AMAZING review!!!!!!!

What a MAN you are!!!!!!! Soooooooo sweet!!!!! love the pictures of you asking your wife to marry you, again! :D

4 cruises back to back!!!!! WHAT a trip that must of been! HOW FUN!!!!

Looking forward to the Freedom posting!!! We went on the same itinerary Nov 30, 2008! What an AWESOME trip that was! We had TONS of family and friends aboard! GREAT TIMES!

After seeing your posts on the Valor I want to go on that ship and itinerary!!!!! LOOKS GREAT!

I hope you are saving all of these WONDERFUL memories on your computer for your Wife and kids to ALWAYS have!

Looking forward to the rest!!!! ;)

Someone is having a good time

Cruising2010292.jpg

Those drinks were good

DSCN1310-1.jpg

Time to bring the old folks back to the ship ;)

Cruising2010485.jpg

There she is

Cruising2010299.jpg

Have to wait our turn

Cruising2010300.jpg

Mums the word, Mike!

Someone posted this thread on our upcoming Miracle B2B. I don't usually read threads that have no direct relevance to me but decided to check it out. Like everyone has said, what a heart warming experience. We actually have 2 couples that are planning on renewing their vows on that cruise and I am so hoping they too will read this thread. Thank you for making my day!

I glad you enjoyed it, Thank you.

You lucky, lucky woman. Not only do you have a GREAT GUY, but you're also HOTT! (Can I say that?) He's a lucky man!

Thanks for sharing such a warm & wonderful story with all of us.

Thanks from both of us.

Is there a movie version of this story coming out? who would we get to play Mike and Tracy? wouldn't that be great!:D

I'd definitely go see that, hahahah. Daniel Craig (007) as Mike and Katherine Heigl as Tracy! Justin Bieber and Hilary Duff as the kids, hahahah.

WHAT an AMAZING review!!!!!!!

What a MAN you are!!!!!!! Soooooooo sweet!!!!! love the pictures of you asking your wife to marry you, again! :D

4 cruises back to back!!!!! WHAT a trip that must of been! HOW FUN!!!!

Looking forward to the Freedom posting!!! We went on the same itinerary Nov 30, 2008! What an AWESOME trip that was! We had TONS of family and friends aboard! GREAT TIMES!

After seeing your posts on the Valor I want to go on that ship and itinerary!!!!! LOOKS GREAT!

I hope you are saving all of these WONDERFUL memories on your computer for your Wife and kids to ALWAYS have!

Looking forward to the rest!!!! ;)

Thank you.