Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Thank you bacruising, we have been very fortunate in the last few years to go on wonderful vacations. Memories we hope our kids will bring into adulthood and share with their kids. In a few years Tracy and I will be alone but then again maybe we can join our grandkids as they go their own adventures (cruises I hope, were hooked).

What I like and also dislike at the same time is that cruise vacations offer so much for you to do, we hardly see the kids anymore. Unlike previous vacations where we had to do everything together, now we are lucky to see them at dinner some days.

Mike,

When we cruised with our boys, we always made it a rule that they had to join us for dinner to catch up. We were pleasantly surprised that they were always prompt and dressed accordingly...even on the formal nights!

Thoroughly enjoying the review...My wife and I along with 3 other couples will be cruising Alaska next June. All of the couples will be celebrating 30 yrs except for 1...they will be celebrating 25 yrs!

Thank you so much for posting the lovely pictures of your family and for sharing your story. I thouroughly enjoyed reading and seeing all of it. I am planning on going on the Valor in August 2011 with my husband and kids and loved seeing the pictures. You even gave me the idea to have the captain remarry us. My husband and I eloped so i never had a wedding. Thanks again. :D

Mike and Tracey,

First let me say thanks for sharing. I am enjoying reading all about your "excellent adventure". Mike, what a wonderful husband you are.

I wanted to add my two cents about family vacations and making memories. My DH and I are a bit "ahead" of you in that our kids are grown and we have grandchildren now. My kids remember the trips and the fun... the trips to the beach and to the snow. The trips to Disneyland and to San Diego. They remember the good times.

And now that we have grandkids, we have started making memories with them too. Our grandson Davis is soon to be 4 and had traveled all over the USA with us. Our next big trip with him... we hope... will be a cruise. In fact, not too long ago as he and I were resting at nap time, a Carnival commercial came on and he asked "Grandma, take me on a big boat pleaseeeeee!!"... haha!! (I have trained him well... lol)

Again, thanks so much for sharing your story and your pictures. I have thoroughly enjoyed both.

Meryl Streep as Grandma!!!!!

Love it!

Thank you so much Mike. You have a beautiful family. I have been reading along for days.

By the way for those wanting to go to Dolphin Mall there are buses from the airport.

Now you've really gone and done it! After seeing your progression of pics I'm gonna have to do that. I Have a wall in the hall that would be PERFECT!! It would be 9 years 2002-2010. A progression of ages 7 & 13 to 16 & 22. Just an FYI, my dd is the 22 year old. And she's like.. "you know I may be older but you can't cruise without me!" I know the day will come but until then:D

When got back to the ship Tracy and I partook in our of our favorite activities, relaxing in the sun. Then it was time for dinner and seeing our kids. We have an agreement that they are to meet us in the dining room every night, unless mum and dad has other plans (chef's table, steakhouse). They were fine with that and actually whenever we had other plans, they went to the dining room by themselves.

Tonight was the second elegant night. Mmm, so many good choices, Tracy had Delice of the Ocean, Chateaubriand with Sauce Bearnaise and Amaretto cake while I had the Corn Chowder Maryland, the Grilled Jumbo Tiger Shrimps with Beure Blanc, plus the Chateaubriand with Sauce Bearnaise for my main course and for dessert Baked Alaska.

The waiters gave us a nice show.

Cruising2010301-1.jpg

Cruising2010302-1.jpg

Cruising2010303-1.jpg

Even Fernando got into it.

Cruising2010304-1.jpg

After dinner we attended ' Far From Over' a musical with the Valor Dancers in the Ivanhoe Theater. We really enjoyed the show, then it was hurry up to get to the other end of the ship for the Punchliner Comedy Club. Word of advice, leave a few minutes before the show ends because a lot of people will be leaving the theater and making their way to the Eagles Lounge and it does get full.

They had two new comedians, Russ Nagel and Frank Del Pizzo. We were lucky and got front row seats, however, Russ Nagel picked on us, especially Nathalie, Tracy and I. We didn't mind and it gave the rest of our party a good laugh. He was very good.

Tracy was too tired to stay for Frank Del Pizzo and we called it a night. Tomorrow, snorkeling in Cozumel.

Goodnight

Cruising2010305.jpg

Mike & Tracy

Congrats on the next cruise planned. The Pride was the source of our cruising addiction.

From looking at all your fantastic pictures, it seems to me that the Carnival ships are more similar than different. They all seem to have grand atrium areas and you will find this as well on the Pride. Although we've only sailed the Spirit class ships, I can tell you that you will find it to be a very maneuverable ship. The pool areas are laid out quite different from the ships you've been on but that's just in the lounge chair set up. (not a layered level of chairs) I'm sure this will not bother the kids from going in once you're in warmer weather:) And no big screen tv unless they've added that since we sailed her in 2003.

Hope you have just as much fun on this upcoming cruise.

Kathy

Thank you, we've heard so many good things about the Spirit Class Ships and we are very excited to finally cruise on one.

Thank you so much for posting the lovely pictures of your family and for sharing your story. I thouroughly enjoyed reading and seeing all of it. I am planning on going on the Valor in August 2011 with my husband and kids and loved seeing the pictures. You even gave me the idea to have the captain remarry us. My husband and I eloped so i never had a wedding. Thanks again. :D

You won't regret it, it's special. When I first had the idea of doing it, in the typical male manner I thought 'its a lot of money" but now I would recommend it to everyone who is still in love.

I write down the page number where I left off reading (just like a book mark) so I can go right there when I can get back online.

Such a fabulous story and am so enjoying every bit of it.

Beautiful family Mike and Tracy!

Michele

Thank you, Michelle

Mike and Tracey,

First let me say thanks for sharing. I am enjoying reading all about your "excellent adventure". Mike, what a wonderful husband you are.

I wanted to add my two cents about family vacations and making memories. My DH and I are a bit "ahead" of you in that our kids are grown and we have grandchildren now. My kids remember the trips and the fun... the trips to the beach and to the snow. The trips to Disneyland and to San Diego. They remember the good times.

And now that we have grandkids, we have started making memories with them too. Our grandson Davis is soon to be 4 and had traveled all over the USA with us. Our next big trip with him... we hope... will be a cruise. In fact, not too long ago as he and I were resting at nap time, a Carnival commercial came on and he asked "Grandma, take me on a big boat pleaseeeeee!!"... haha!! (I have trained him well... lol)

Again, thanks so much for sharing your story and your pictures. I have thoroughly enjoyed both.

Thank you and thank you for sharing. Looking forward to the future.

Love it!

Thank you so much Mike. You have a beautiful family. I have been reading along for days.

By the way for those wanting to go to Dolphin Mall there are buses from the airport.

Thank you for following my review.

Now you've really gone and done it! After seeing your progression of pics I'm gonna have to do that. I Have a wall in the hall that would be PERFECT!! It would be 9 years 2002-2010. A progression of ages 7 & 13 to 16 & 22. Just an FYI, my dd is the 22 year old. And she's like.. "you know I may be older but you can't cruise without me!" I know the day will come but until then:D

Wow, I wish we would have discovered cruising years ago.

me too!! you mean theres other posts on here?! :p

what will I do at work when its over? :confused:

I don't even want to think about this thread ending! It's getting me through to my own cruise

My goodness, they look better than any other Hollywood couple I've seen - they can play themselves!

SOOO TRUE!

Meryl Streep as Grandma!!!!!

ooohhh.....That's a good one! or Helen Mirren (made up to look younger of course to play grandmum)

I don't even want to think about this thread ending! It's getting me through to my own cruise

SOOO TRUE!

ooohhh.....That's a good one! or Helen Mirren (made up to look younger of course to play grandmum)

Hey you're cruising Destiny on my birthday!!! Have a drink for me will ya???

Kathy

We started cruising with our kids in 1992. We did a few cruises before that which were PBA conventions and since DH was president of his local, he had to go on them (twist our arms lol) We loved them so much we booked a cruise on Destiny as a Christmas gift to our DS'es. They are 23 months apart in age and very close, so we knew they would have EACH OTHER, but we were so worried they would be bored hanging out with Mom and Dad for a week. They made a TON of friends before we even sailed out! :D We had the same rule that they had to meet us for dinner and they also did excursions with us, but we hardly ever saw them on sea days. Then they grew older, had serious gf'es and we went on cruises as "3 couples" then they got married to these women and we went on a few MORE cruises...last cruise we took with them was when DIL had just found out she was preg. with our lst grandbaby in Sept, 2008. We now have Bryan, born 3/28/09 and Grace born 5/4/09. Can't wait to start planning cruises with them too! ;)

Another observation: you really lucked out with the weather. Just wondering why you are sailing out from Baltimore in the middle of the winter for your next cruise. Seems like a long way to come for JUST A WEEK! But I'm sure it will be memorable for you. :cool:

When got back to the ship Tracy and I partook in our of our favorite activities, relaxing in the sun. Then it was time for dinner and seeing our kids. We have an agreement that they are to meet us in the dining room every night, unless mum and dad has other plans (chef's table, steakhouse). They were fine with that and actually whenever we had other plans, they went to the dining room by themselves.

Fab Review!

I am just wondering if there were any issues with the kids going to the dining room by themselves. My girls love eating in the dining room and I would not want to put a damper on their evening by missing this while we are at the steakhouse. They would enjoy the steakhouse but my youngest will have difficulty finding a meal she likes...I doubt mac and cheese are available in there. :p I know they are responsible to be there without us but how are the waiters/fellow cruisers to them in your absence?

Fab Review!

I am just wondering if there were any issues with the kids going to the dining room by themselves. My girls love eating in the dining room and I would not want to put a damper on their evening by missing this while we are at the steakhouse. They would enjoy the steakhouse but my youngest will have difficulty finding a meal she likes...I doubt mac and cheese are available in there. :p I know they are responsible to be there without us but how are the waiters/fellow cruisers to them in your absence?

Not highjacking the thread, but in August we cruised on the Liberty and did the Steakhouse. There were 3 of us, all single parents and our kids, 18, 18, 16 & 15 went to dinner with out us. They had a great time and took pictures even. We kept waiting for someone to say, "go get your kids" LOL, just kidding. I dont think you'll have a problem.

Edited by Litewait

Fab Review!

On the Imagination we did the Chef's table, on the Valor and Freedom we did the Steakhouse. Each time the kids went to the dining room by themselves. We did advised our waiters the night before and their answers were " no problem, we've loved to have them"

I started reading your review today... I am loving it! I have the same camera and LOVE it. I wouldn't trade it for any other!

Congrats on the proposal and ceremony. As the others have stated, you have a beautiful family!

I can't wait to read more.... you're bookmarked! :D