Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Thanks for the quick reply!!! :)

Can't wait to read it and have really enjoyed your journey and reviews! We sail The Pride Oct 16th our very first cruise. My 50th birthday and our 30th wedding anniversary!! Really enjoyed your review of the Pride!! Can't wait to experience it ourselves!!

Thank you for your reviews... hope you can SAVE them some how for your history of your lives. Would be great for your grandchildren eventually to see their grandparents beginning together!!

Take care, keep safe in your line of work, my children , 2 boys of 4 so far, are professional fire fighters in our community so I know the dangers involved.

God Bless Diana

Mike - BVI=British Virgin Islands

If Tracy thought 7 mile beach was something? Wait until she sees Cow Wreck Beach on Anegada....

2468702960101510474S425x425Q85.jpg

And us on the sail over...

2857746540101510474S425x425Q85.jpg

And I just had to include a pic of the Dinghy Poker Run from Leverick Bay the day before we sailed from there to Anegada. It's hard to have more fun than this....2781936020101510474S425x425Q85.jpg

I have absolutely no clue how I stumbled onto this review but after the first few pages I was hooked, read all the way through in the last 2 days! I had a ton of things to comment on but my iPad erased the notes I was taking but I do remember I wanted to point out that your daughter looks identical to the old photos of your wife! We can barely afford our 2 vacations a year my husband and I envy you and your family!!! Hope to read more in the future!!

Thanks for the quick reply!!! :)

Can't wait to read it and have really enjoyed your journey and reviews! We sail The Pride Oct 16th our very first cruise. My 50th birthday and our 30th wedding anniversary!! Really enjoyed your review of the Pride!! Can't wait to experience it ourselves!!

Thank you for your reviews... hope you can SAVE them some how for your history of your lives. Would be great for your grandchildren eventually to see their grandparents beginning together!!

Take care, keep safe in your line of work, my children , 2 boys of 4 so far, are professional fire fighters in our community so I know the dangers involved.

God Bless Diana

Congratulations on your birthday and anniversary, I hope cruising it's everything you hope it will be. Make sure hubby brings you to David's (steakhouse) for your birthday.;)

Mike - BVI=British Virgin Islands

If Tracy thought 7 mile beach was something? Wait until she sees Cow Wreck Beach on Anegada....

2468702960101510474S425x425Q85.jpg

And us on the sail over...

2857746540101510474S425x425Q85.jpg

And I just had to include a pic of the Dinghy Poker Run from Leverick Bay the day before we sailed from there to Anegada. It's hard to have more fun than this....2781936020101510474S425x425Q85.jpg

WOW, I just looked up Cow Wreck Beach, sounds fantastic, added it to my bucket list. I especially love the first photo, I'll have to get one of Tracy and it will probably become my desktop background. :D

I have absolutely no clue how I stumbled onto this review but after the first few pages I was hooked, read all the way through in the last 2 days! I had a ton of things to comment on but my iPad erased the notes I was taking but I do remember I wanted to point out that your daughter looks identical to the old photos of your wife! We can barely afford our 2 vacations a year my husband and I envy you and your family!!! Hope to read more in the future!!

Thank you carbreylynn. I doubt we'll be going back to 4 cruises anytime soon, it's too expensive with the kids. I would still love to do a B2B on different ships, it's such a long way for us to travel so we may as well do as many as we can on each trip. ;)

LOL, Mike - my husband took that one of me this summer -- the other two shots were professionally done by BVI Yacht Shots -- they were covering our Flotilla's Dinghy Poker Run and the following day's race to Anegada -- it's a riot watching this guy standing in a dinghy in 6 foot seas taking pictures!!

If you guys don't sail, there are lots of charter options in the BVI - I have friends who do charters on their big catamarans down there and can HIGHLY recommend quite a few. There's a forum called Travel Talk Online - you can get tons of info there under the British Virgin Islands section.

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful story with us - Fair winds and calm seas to you!

LOL, Mike - my husband took that one of me this summer -- the other two shots were professionally done by BVI Yacht Shots -- they were covering our Flotilla's Dinghy Poker Run and the following day's race to Anegada -- it's a riot watching this guy standing in a dinghy in 6 foot seas taking pictures!!

If you guys don't sail, there are lots of charter options in the BVI - I have friends who do charters on their big catamarans down there and can HIGHLY recommend quite a few. There's a forum called Travel Talk Online - you can get tons of info there under the British Virgin Islands section.

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful story with us - Fair winds and calm seas to you!

Thanks for the info. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Love the story of how you met. I'm from Winnipeg, so I know of all of those places you talked about! I bet the engagement party you went to was a social, right!

It was called a Jack & Jill party (party for the soon to be bride and groom) I had never heard of it before going out west. Mike

• 3 weeks later...

HI Mike !

It has been a while since I have read your review, but I remembered that you went on the Valor. I know you have such fabulous pictures, I wanted to show my husband what he had to look forward to on Jan. 15, when we cruise on it. Thank you for the fabulous preview for both of us.

We were to cruise from Norfolk on Oct. 16 to Bermuda, but instead, he landed in the hosptial on Oct. 11, for 13 days; emergency surgery on an ulcer, and a wicked infection, not related. So, the Valor is our 'replacement.' LOL, What's best is we get to visit our son and wife in Ft. Lauderdale both before and after the cruise.

Since you also were in Key West, I wonder if you can answer a question for me. My husband has some mobility issues. He has trouble walking long distances because his legs cramp. How is the distance to the port in Key West ? The distance in Roatan was daunting; nearly impossible so we borrowed a Carnival wheel chair which we could leave in the village shops (since that is all Carnival owned.) We won't have that luxury in Key West.

If you can remember that port area, I would appreciate any input about the walk that will be involved.

Hope Tracy and the family are well. I really enjoy all of the reviews you have written. What's up next for your family. Maybe one day we will meet on a cruise.

Nice reading this again. Romance never gets old !

HI Mike !

It has been a while since I have read your review, but I remembered that you went on the Valor. I know you have such fabulous pictures, I wanted to show my husband what he had to look forward to on Jan. 15, when we cruise on it. Thank you for the fabulous preview for both of us.

Dear Delta Dear, Thank you. :)

We were to cruise from Norfolk on Oct. 16 to Bermuda, but instead, he landed in the hosptial on Oct. 11, for 13 days; emergency surgery on an ulcer, and a wicked infection, not related. So, the Valor is our 'replacement.' LOL, What's best is we get to visit our son and wife in Ft. Lauderdale both before and after the cruise.

Sorry to hear about your husband, glad it all worked out.

Since you also were in Key West, I wonder if you can answer a question for me. My husband has some mobility issues. He has trouble walking long distances because his legs cramp. How is the distance to the port in Key West ? The distance in Roatan was daunting; nearly impossible so we borrowed a Carnival wheel chair which we could leave in the village shops (since that is all Carnival owned.) We won't have that luxury in Key West.

If you can remember that port area, I would appreciate any input about the walk that will be involved.

It will all depend on where the ship docks. If it docks at the US Navel Base (a trolley will bring you downtown and back) otherwise if it docks at Mallory square you will have approximately a 2 block walk.

US Navel Base

023_23.jpg

Trolleys in background

025_25.jpg

Mallory square

063.jpg

Cruising2010385.jpg

Hope Tracy and the family are well. I really enjoy all of the reviews you have written. What's up next for your family. Maybe one day we will meet on a cruise.

All is well, we still cannot plan any cruises yet because our house is for sale, we are being transferred (work).

Nice reading this again. Romance never gets old !

Thanks again, Mike

Hello Mike,

I loved reading your review, and all the pictures were great. I especially loved the part about your renewing your vows with Tracy. My husband and I will be on the Spirit to Hawaii and back, in April. We will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary onboard, and I have decided to renew our vows while sailing. Seeing your pictures, just made me more excited about doing that. Thanks

!

Perhaps Carnival can help you with golf-cart shuttle, I would recommend taking a trolley tour around Key West to see all the sights without the walking. I think Carnival tours meet you right near pier. We are cat people and really enjoyed touring Hemingway House and the property.

Do a search for trolley tours Key West.

http://www.trolleytours.com/key-west/cruise-ships.asp

Hope this helps.

Hello Mike,

I loved reading your review, and all the pictures were great. I especially loved the part about your renewing your vows with Tracy. My husband and I will be on the Spirit to Hawaii and back, in April. We will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary onboard, and I have decided to renew our vows while sailing. Seeing your pictures, just made me more excited about doing that. Thanks

Thank you GranysT, hope you have a wonderful cruise and happy 50th Anniversary. I can't wait to cruise to Hawaii some day, Hawaii and a Mediterranean cruise are in my opinion the ultimate cruises. Mike

Thank you GranysT, hope you have a wonderful cruise and happy 50th Anniversary. I can't wait to cruise to Hawaii some day, Hawaii and a Mediterranean cruise are in my opinion the ultimate cruises. Mike

I agree Mike, they are on my "when we retire and college bills are paid" list. Can't imagine a more romantic place. Either one would be a start.

Mike,where are you and Tracy going to be assigned now?

Did she ever collect the Diamonds International free bracelet charms?

All the cruises we never bothered, and I just saw a charm for Canadian Mountie on eBay.