Everything to know about Cococay?

G&TQ

Please tell me everything to know about Cococay?

As helpful as the threads everything about "enter name of ship here" seem to be I thought a thread about Cococay would be helpful my self and others.

My ideal beach trip is to sit in the shade with a good book, a good drink and a good view! Husband next to me is optional.;)

DH, DS(6) and I will visiting Cococay and would like to know what to expect.

So other then play in the water and sand what is there to do for kids and adults? Please indicate if there is a charge?

What type of food is available?

Is tendering here easy and quick?

Thanks everyone!

Cruising G

We were just on CocoCay two weeks ago and you will have a great time. There is plenty to do - snorkeling, wave runners, kids play area, etc - but all have a charge associated with them.

We found by walking to the other side of the island and down the beach a bit, it was much less crowded, we had a shaded grass umbrella with chairs and a great location steps from the water. We also took the "nature trail" walk to the far end of the island toward Lands End. Wasn't all that interesting but there is an observation tower near the end of the walk and we got some incredible pictures of the ship. And there was a tram to take us back to the main area.

Tender is quick and easy - they use large tender boats and they run constantly. You'll have a great time.

For food, they do a big bar b que on the island, tea and lemonade to drink and finger food type desserts. Bar b que has hamburgers, hotdogs, ribs, chicken, rice, corn, salad, etc

No additional charge for the BBQ. There is a drink, Coco Loco, with a charge we really enjoy.

We have been to Coco Cay several times. We have been fortunate to stop every cruise, we as some have to by pass due to weather. We went parasailing the for the first time a few weeks ago. We loved it.

We always like to snorkel. We like to do go earlier rather than later, while it is still really clear.

There is a straw market on the island, if you like that sort of thing. You need cash for it.

Archived