Just back first cruise ever on Sensation

8togo

Don't have the talents for a full on review, so I'll just give a quick update. This was my first ever cruise. 4 night Bahamas on the Sensation.

We brought our 1 bottle of wine each, and 3 rum runners, 14 oz size, no problems. Friends we traveled with brought on significantly more with no problems.

For all the you hear about the food, it was kind of a letdown for me. Some of it - mostly in the MDR - was amazing. Most of it including almost everything through the buffets on Lido was.....ok. Nothing wrong with it, nothing impressive about it. Mass produced food. The constant availability is nice. The deli was good quality.

Ports - we did not book excursions, and if I cruise again, I will do that. Didn't seem to be that much to Freeport. I skipped Nassau as I wasn't feeling well, but the people I traveled with rented a van and hit the beaches, and had a mostly great time. Notable exception - one of the women I was with commented on a pretty little girl, and the man with her said she could have her for $500. :eek:

Seas were VERY rough, especially Sunday (9/19). People were lurching in a zig zag pattern down the halls, the pool was overflowing side to side, and they had barf bags taped up everywhere. I'm assuming we caught some rough seas courtesy of area hurricanes.

The Sensation is a nice ship, decor a bit garish but in a Vegas- fun kinda way. Our cabin was oceanview, and our kids had an interior, and both were nice. They are small compared to hotels, of course, but really there was plenty of room and lots of storage space. I expected a tiny shower based on other reviews, and was pleasantly surprised by the bathroom. Honestly, I've had worse bathrooms in apartments before.

I had a good time, but I don't think I'm "addicted" they way you all say people will be. Definitely though, cruising is something I would consider again.

The fact that you would do it again is good enough for all of us. I'm sorry about the rough sease that really takes away from the overal cruise. Excursions are a must especially since you have kids, its a great way to get out and see the locl culture. The longer cruises offer better ports even thugh Bahama's are nice there are much better out there. Thank you for the post

B

Archived