Ko Samui

MandE-UK

In April next year we will be visiting Kho Samui on Ocean Princess. We will be tendering in from about 9am. We are thinking of hiring a jeep for the day. Could someone please tell us where we are likely to tender into and also any experience of Jeep hire on Samui. Thanks

We were on Ocean Princess in March 2010 with a stop at Ko Samui. Ship tendered at Nathon Port. There were many people trying to sell tours but I don't remember seeing any jeep rentals (but we weren't' looking for them either!) We just went to the beach.

Faye

In April next year we will be visiting Kho Samui on Ocean Princess. We will be tendering in from about 9am. We are thinking of hiring a jeep for the day. Could someone please tell us where we are likely to tender into and also any experience of Jeep hire on Samui. Thanks

Can Ko Samui be seen easily with local drivers hired on site?

I think so. There were people there with signs indicating tours available. Sorry, since we weren't looking for one I didn't pay particular attention to them. Beach is fabulous though :)

I think so. There were people there with signs indicating tours available. Sorry, since we weren't looking for one I didn't pay particular attention to them. Beach is fabulous though :)

We are not beach people so can anyone make suggestions as to what else to do in Ko Samui?

Does anyone have a Spa recommendation for a great massage?

Are there any sights worth going to see?

Thanks for any suggestions!

How far away is the beach that you went to? Did you take a taxi? Did you pick a particular beach to go to? Thanks.

How far away is the beach that you went to? Did you take a taxi? Did you pick a particular beach to go to? Thanks.

We did the Princess beach day excursion. The beach we went to was Chaweng Beach. It was about a 40 minute drive from Nathon Port. I think the cost was less than $30 each person but knowing Princess u probably could do it for less on your own. They drop you off at an entrance to a street that runs adjacent to the beach area and u just walk along the beach until u find a spot u like. There are umbrellas and chairs u can rent from the hotels for fairly reasonable prices. It seems each hotel has their own massages on the beach and these are very reasonable (think cheap). I think it was 300 baht for an hour long foot massage.

The shuttles started taking people back to the ship after about 2-3 hours. As soon as they had enough people to load a van they sent off that load. We just went back to the same area they dropped us off and they loaded us up and off we went. However, even if u missed the shuttles, the taxis were roaming the streets looking for fares. They would honk their horns at u as they drove past and if u wanted a ride, they were more than happy to stop.

Ko Samui was one of our favorite stops for sure. We decided while there to sell the house, send for the cats, we'd found another paradise!!

• 2 weeks later...
We are not beach people so can anyone make suggestions as to what else to do in Ko Samui?

Does anyone have a Spa recommendation for a great massage?

Are there any sights worth going to see?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Ko Samui is a great get-away from New York! The beaches are beautiful and you don't even have to be a "beach person" to appreciate the nice walks you can take and see some great bodies and beaches.

If you want to see a real nice place, that most of us cannot afford, go to Ko Tao, a short boat ride away.

If you want a massage, you could stay aboard and check your Spa; but you could also get one very nicely along the beach for about one tenth the cost. The problem is they are not called 'Spas', just ask the nice ladies there what you want.

Archived