Sheraton Wall Centre, Vancouver BC

cuatsea

The Sheraton Wall Centre, Vancouver BC was a bit of a disappointment. When we checked in, the receptionist noted that we booked through Hotlwire. Perhaps that is why she banished us to the South Tower, sending us to slosh our luggage through the rain without the offer of a porter. The room had a faint cigarette smell, the bathroom sink was cracked and the rattan chairs were worn. On the plus side the bed linens were wonderful, the bed was excellent and the room was very clean. Overall we had a much better experience at the Pan Pacific on a previous visit. Even though we booked the Pan Pacific through Priceline for a ridiculously inexpensive rate, they gave us a wonderful upgraded room with a fabulous view of the water. And their porter took our baggage to the cruise ship terminal. If you do end up at the Sheraton Wall Centre be sure to request the North Tower where all the amenities are located, from the South Tower you have to walk outside when it may be inclement.:(

The Sheraton Wall Centre, Vancouver BC was a bit of a disappointment. When we checked in, the receptionist noted that we booked through Hotlwire. Perhaps that is why she banished us to the South Tower, sending us to slosh our luggage through the rain without the offer of a porter. The room had a faint cigarette smell, the bathroom sink was cracked and the rattan chairs were worn. On the plus side the bed linens were wonderful, the bed was excellent and the room was very clean. Overall we had a much better experience at the Pan Pacific on a previous visit. Even though we booked the Pan Pacific through Priceline for a ridiculously inexpensive rate, they gave us a wonderful upgraded room with a fabulous view of the water. And their porter took our baggage to the cruise ship terminal. If you do end up at the Sheraton Wall Centre be sure to request the North Tower where all the amenities are located, from the South Tower you have to walk outside when it may be inclement.:(

Odd review, because there is no smoking in Vancouver hotels so they shouldn't smell like smoke, and having stayed at the Wall Centre a lot (probably 40 nights in the past 2 years) I've never seen a rattan chair. And there is a pedway that links the towers.

I don't think they have ever offered to take my luggage for me though...

She was probably referring to the Hotwire booking because it makes a difference on how you pay (I assume...never used it, but that happens when I book through other online resellers)

``there is no smoking in Vancouver hotels so they shouldn't smell like smoke`

Since when - while some hotels may have a no smoking policy I am not aware of any muncipal or provincial law prohibiting smoking in hotels etc.

When you book with Hotwire or Priceline you are taking some chances as to just what you get and I will get to see this first hand in a month`s time in Boston and NOLA.

Cheers

Dennis

Evidently the Starwood Group of hotels which owns the Sheraton brand has banned smoking in all of thier properties...however some people are more sensitive to smoke then others...so I am inclined to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and perhaps their room was had not been properly ozonated after someone had smoked in it.

As we posted, it was HOTWIRE not Priceline that was used to book this Hotel. If hotel companies don't like Hotwire, Priceline, or other discount booking services, they should opt out of participating and let their unused rooms stay vacant. We get to travel more using services that save us money.

As we posted, it was HOTWIRE not Priceline that was used to book this Hotel. If hotel companies don't like Hotwire, Priceline, or other discount booking services, they should opt out of participating and let their unused rooms stay vacant. We get to travel more using services that save us money.

Sorry, I typed in the wrong name. But I wasn't saying that hotels don't like those services, but that the deal you make it with the discounter not the hotel. The hotel and the discounter decide among them what room you get, etc, and you have no recourse with the hotel if you don't like it.

``there is no smoking in Vancouver hotels so they shouldn't smell like smoke`

Since when - while some hotels may have a no smoking policy I am not aware of any muncipal or provincial law prohibiting smoking in hotels etc.

When you book with Hotwire or Priceline you are taking some chances as to just what you get and I will get to see this first hand in a month`s time in Boston and NOLA.

Cheers

Dennis

Sorry, you're right. For some reason I thought that BC was non-smoking (like most other provinces...how are you so far behind on that one?). I guess just the places I stay are non-smoking.

Archived