Alaska Trip - Purchase Coverage for Different Components at Different Times

BackPorchSundays

Hello,

My wife and I are planning an Alaska trip next June. Of paramount importance is to make sure that our policy includes the pre-existing conditions waiver (parents are elderly). We will probably be booking cruise, land, and airfare components at different times. My general question is:

1) Do we need to make a wild guess as to what our total non-cancellable costs will be and buy a policy for that amount?

Or 2) Purchase a policy within two weeks covering our first purchase, and then and coverage as we make additional reservations?

Thanks.

Alan

While I can't speak for all policies, TravelGuard merely requires you to cover the initial deposit amount within two weeks, and then call or e-mail them promptly after each additional non-refundable payment, and pay additional premium as required. (Not all cost increases result in increased premium, as the premium cost is in "tiers.")

Read carefully each policy when purchasing, and it should spell out the requirements.

For myself, I go ahead and insure the entire cruise fare straight off, and then add the air (and hotel, if pre-paid) as necessary.

SirWired

Archived