Jellyfish Puerto Vallarta or Cabo?

SkiRacer

I was wondering if there have been problems with the tiny jellyfish in either PV or Cabo lately? I was stung quite badly a year and a half ago in PV but I love to snorkel.

There is no way to tell when they will be there unfortunatley. My husband has been stung a couple times in Cabo.

Living in CA you should be aware that anywhere that jellyfish can be found in almost any ocean water, especially where its warm. That being said, we have been swimming in PV for the past 6 years (live there two months a year) and have never seen a jellyfish in the Bay of Banderas.

Hank

I was wondering if there have been problems with the tiny jellyfish in either PV or Cabo lately? I was stung quite badly a year and a half ago in PV but I love to snorkel.

I've been to Cabo 6 times both on cruises and on my own. When we were there in June of 06. there were so many jellies that the tour operator had a hard time trying to find a place that didn't have any. They were everywhere in the Sea of Cortez. The other five times we were there we saw none. They were small about the size of a fifty cent piece.

Archived