My Review of Carnival Freedom 9/19-9/25 with Pics

cuted126

The ship is beautiful. I did note before that I noticed that the atrium wasn't as bright as the other boats i've been on. It was beautiful nonetheless and colorful. I love watching the colors change around the atrium and I love that that theme is throughout the ship as well. Like in the elevators. Another thing I noticed about the Freedom is that alot of the chairs spin. Some of the chairs along promenade,the chairs in the disco,there are some chairs right across from the wine bar that also spin. I nicknamed this boat the whimsical boat.

Now if you've been on Victory or Triumph,this boat is pretty much the same with little tweaks here and there,mainly the Lido buffett area. You will not go hungry on ship cause they've added two more lines in the grand buffet area along with the Mongolian Wok area which was ALWAYS crowded. Dh didn't get to try this til our last sea day. I guess I should add that he says it was worth the wait. The grand buffet lines were a little strange with the omelet/carving area in the middle stopping the lines on either side.

Sorry about the glare. This screen while tell you the ships stats. It also shows a map and where you are on that map. You can see this same info in your room on tv.

IMG_9374.jpg?t=1285547108

The Victoriana Lounge

IMG_9351.jpg?t=1285548475

IMG_9511.jpg?t=1285548643

A sign inside the arcade

IMG_9491.jpg?t=1285548754

IMG_9377.jpg?t=1285548831

IMG_9492.jpg?t=1285548877

The upper level of Chic Dining Room. The Posh and Chic dining rooms are pretty much identical.

IMG_9358.jpg?t=1285550629

IMG_9359.jpg?t=1285550756

Lower level of the Posh restaurant

IMG_9472.jpg?t=1285550815

IMG_9475.jpg?t=1285550815

We had anytime dining and were in the Chic dining room on the upper level. Before this cruise,I would only go to the dining room on elegant nights. Anytime dining worked great for me and hubby and we ate there more then ever! Loved it!

Ok,I am overloading you guys with pics:p. If anyone wants to see anything in particular,let me know and I will post it. I took pics of just about everything.

The 70's Disco Those red chairs spin of course :)

IMG_9381.jpg?t=1285551479

IMG_9379.jpg?t=1285551479

I have a ton of these atrium pics in all different colors :)

IMG_9509.jpg?t=1285551663

We were on the ship with you. We alson got ZONE 1 for boarding!! It was out first cruise and we had a great time. Looking forward to reading your review!!!
Welcome to cruising! We had a great time as well. The Freedom is a great ship!!! You should do a review too,even if it's a short one. I love reading different reviews from the same sailing!

Enjoying your review...Keep it coming!
Thanks!

I just went back and read your review of the Fascination. We went to Half Moon Cay for the lst time this past May on the Miracle. LOVED it so much that we booked the same cruise for NEXT May! We were in Nassau also, and did the same as you; took the water taxi over and just toured the "free areas." I have since learned that NOTHING there is free anymore! :mad: Have you ever thought of sailing out of Manhattan? We are about 20 minutes from the cruise terminal, so this is where we cruise out of. HOPE you have another one planned! ;)

Half Moon Cay is such a beautiful place! Wow,that sucks about Nassau. Those former free areas are definitely not worth a cover price! We haven't talked about cruising out of NY,but are not opposed to it! I love seeing different places and I would love to get to Manhattan one day!! I talked to dh on the way home about our next cruise,so hopefully next month we will be booked!!!

Loving your review!! We're sailing on the Freedom in 12 days :p and this certainly helps with the excitement factor!
You are gonna have a great time!!!

I am enjoying your review...I'll be on her sister ship the Glory in January:)

Keep the pictures coming;)

Thanks!! I have a ton of pics to post! It is so hard trying to narrow them down!

Great job; can't wait for more! Leaving on the Freedom on October 17th! woo hoooooo!
I am so jealous! I wish I was going again too! You're gonna have so much fun!

Ok,I am overloading you guys with pics:p. If anyone wants to see anything in particular,let me know and I will post it. I took pics of just about everything.

The 70's Disco Those red chairs spin of course :)

IMG_9381.jpg?t=1285551479

IMG_9379.jpg?t=1285551479

I have a ton of these atrium pics in all different colors :)

IMG_9509.jpg?t=1285551663

Girl I'm loving your review! I sailed the Freedom last year and it was the best vacation I've ever had. Your pics are great. They're bringing back lots of memories, especially these of the disco. We shut this place down every night at like 3 am. Good times. Keep the review coming.

Don't stop posting pics! We sail in 20 days. I may just save your pictures so I don't have to worry about taking any myself.:D

To a previous poster that stayed in the aft wrap 8455, that's the room we have booked. What exactly didn't you like about it? I'd love details so I'm better prepared.

Just back yesterday from a great 6 day trip on the Freedom. I cannot believe how long we waited and it went by so quick! I sit here with post cruise disorder(that should be a real disorder ya know) and already looking to book the Liberty for next year!! Crusing is so addictive and although the anticipation almost killed me,I am already wanting to be back in the stage of obsessing and anticipating my next cruise. I am gonna try not to be long winded with this review,but I do have alot of pics to add :)

Ok,so background info~This sailing was Dh and I for our fifth anniversary. This was my sixth cruise and his third. We originally booked the Destiny last year and ironically if we woulda stayed booked on that cruise,we would have been sailing as I type,but I digress. We switched to the Freedom,because I wanted to go to Key West and Dh wanted to sail on our usual 9/19 schedule.

We, no,I decided we would drive cause I do not like to fly. Dh would've rather flew of course ,but a happy wife is a happy life I suppose,so I got my way.:D No,really I am such a chickenbutt when it comes to flying,it's horrible. I promised him we would fly next time and we definitely will. The drive was great and exciting going,but coming back was just long. We drove last year to Jacksonville,but of course this was way longer. So now anything longer then 9 hours,I guess we will fly. Okay I am already being too chatty.

We got a late start on the drive because dh was called into work the day before. So alot of the stuff we needed to do that evening had to wait til Friday morning. We ended up not even getting on the road until 12:47pm:eek: Our GPS tells us that our ETA is 2:32am DOUBLE:eek::eek: But we were so excited we didn't care. We had 6 days on the Freedom and one day in Fort Lauderdale to look forward too. Let the fun begin!!!

IMG_9161.jpg?t=1285521806

FYI-Count me as another one who hates to fly. I advise you to see your doctor and let him give you a "happy" pill. That is the only way I can fly. I only take those little pills when I fly and it makes all the difference in the world. I am going to Florida Saturday and for the first time I am flying by myself, which is something I never thought I would do.

Thanks for the review. We were on the same Freedom cruise August 2009 and we had a blast. Your review lets me relive my 50th birthday all over again.

Archived