Tulum or diving?

John73

My girlfriend and I are going to be on the Celebrity Solstice Oct 10th cruise that stops in Cozumel on the 13th. We currently are booked on the all day Tulum and Beach break excursion but are having some second thoughts about it. An alternative option for us is scuba diving in Cozumel. We're only diving in Roatan right now so we'd both be up for the option of doing another dive.

My main concern with the Tulum excursion is that I get motion sick pretty easily (somehow I manage OK when diving though) and I'm worried about the 45 minute ferry to the mainland. Is it as bad as I've heard?

How much time do you have at Tulum on the excursions? Is it enough time or does it feel like you could do more? The reason I ask is that it may be a good excuse to head back down to Cancun for a long weekend and spend a day at the ruins that way instead.

My girlfriend and I are going to be on the Celebrity Solstice Oct 10th cruise that stops in Cozumel on the 13th. We currently are booked on the all day Tulum and Beach break excursion but are having some second thoughts about it. An alternative option for us is scuba diving in Cozumel. We're only diving in Roatan right now so we'd both be up for the option of doing another dive.

My main concern with the Tulum excursion is that I get motion sick pretty easily (somehow I manage OK when diving though) and I'm worried about the 45 minute ferry to the mainland. Is it as bad as I've heard?

How much time do you have at Tulum on the excursions? Is it enough time or does it feel like you could do more? The reason I ask is that it may be a good excuse to head back down to Cancun for a long weekend and spend a day at the ruins that way instead.

Went on the Tulum excursion a few years back (was on RC Liberty) and thought it was really interesting and well worth time and money. Ferry ride accross to mainland was a little much but not too bad.

Thanks Lancer1568, appreciate the feedback.

To be honest, after reading more about the what you must know on the Tulum excursion I'm heavily leaning towards doing the scuba excursion instead and saving Tulum for a return visit to Cancun :)

Archived