Odyssey/Sojourn/Quest Cabin 831

mikey47

If you didn't know and all the other suites are shown identically, would you not think that the suite and balcony are both bigger? Is it not misleading, lazy or simply careless to show it like that?

The brochure includes a disclaimer, "Deck plans are shown for illustration purposes." It is unfortunate that you spent all week fretting about something that could not be changed.

Can't help thinking Mikey that there must have been some other things about your cruise, or the organisation before or after it, that have made you feel so fed up with Seabourn. We all know SB is not perfect, but generally the things which are less than perfect are minor compared with the number of things which are excellent. No, not an idiot, but obviously a perfectionist, especially in your own speciality.

As I said earlier we found the Odyssey too big with too many people for our taste. Also, because we love the balcony, the smaller sisters are not suitable.

We will be going with the likes of Island Sky and Sea Cloud Hussar.

I'm not a perfectionist but I hate carelessness and obvious errors that are ignored.

You have made your choice and we accept it.

Just for information please. Is the "we" you refer to the "wee we" ( ie you ), the "Royal we" ( ie the CC Seabourn community - are you an elected spokesperson for us?) or the "Big we " ( ie Seabourn Corporate - are you a spokesperson for them?)

As I will be traveling Istanbul to Athens in 2 weeks I would have enjoyed more of a review , not just how small the cabin was compared to what you thought it would have been. How much time does one spend inside a cabin when your in the Greek islands.

Did you enjoy the food, the ship? What about the balcony?

I looked at your pictures, only three from Istanbul?

As I will be traveling Istanbul to Athens in 2 weeks I would have enjoyed more of a review , not just how small the cabin was compared to what you thought it would have been. How much time does one spend inside a cabin when your in the Greek islands.

Did you enjoy the food, the ship? What about the balcony?

I looked at your pictures, only three from Istanbul?

Yes,very sad isn't it.

As I said earlier we found the Odyssey too big with too many people for our taste. Also, because we love the balcony, the smaller sisters are not suitable.

We will be going with the likes of Island Sky and Sea Cloud Hussar.

I'm not a perfectionist but I hate carelessness and obvious errors that are ignored.

Mike, I agree with you with regards to the drawing of that particular suite - it could have been done more accurately. It would and could have been a reason for me too to chose it. The size and also because it is nicely situated close to the open deck!

I'm sorry you have skipped Seabourn from your favourite Cruise Lines, especially after they (Seabourn) have treated you so generously on your first cruise giving you one of the owner suites (I never had one...;=() with a balcony!

Marja

I'm sorry you have skipped Seabourn from your favourite Cruise Lines, especially after they (Seabourn) have treated you so generously on your first cruise giving you one of the owner suites (I never had one...;=() with a balcony!

Marja

Is this really what happened - upgraded to an Owners suite?

Has anyone had a suite next to the elevator on the Odyssey? Concerned about hearing the equipment.

I had a suite next to the elevator. No noise whatsoever that I can recall.

Host Dan

Mike, I agree with you with regards to the drawing of that particular suite - it could have been done more accurately. It would and could have been a reason for me too to chose it. The size and also because it is nicely situated close to the open deck!

Marja

Marja,

Mickey had 831 which is a V6 not an owners suite.

Marja,

Mickey had 831 which is a V6 not an owners suite.

Thanks for taking the time to correct me... I know I make mistakes sometimes (like we all do every now and again). This time however I was right;)! Mike was in 831 on his second Seabourn cruise... I'm sure Mike would have corrected me before you did Lord;)...

Still I think Seabourn should be more accurate in sketching the size of the suites in brochures and website.

Marja

Thanks for taking the time to correct me... I know I make mistakes sometimes (like we all do every now and again). This time however I was right;)! Mike was in 831 on his second Seabourn cruise... I'm sure Mike would have corrected me before you did Lord;)...

Still I think Seabourn should be more accurate in sketching the size of the suites in brochures and website.

Marja

Yes Marja,I realise that Mikey was in OW6 on the Pride 2009 trip but this thread is about suite 831 on the Odyssey.

You ofcourse met Mikey on the Pride cruise.

Yes Marja,I realise that Mikey was in OW6 on the Pride 2009 trip but this thread is about suite 831 on the Odyssey.

You ofcourse met Mikey on the Pride cruise.

Yes Lord.... I know and that means we can not talk about a positive action from Seabourn toward a client? What I mean is, sometimes things work out splendidly and other times it is a bit less than expected... I hope nobody else will make the mistakes I have;)

Marja

Hello Marja.

You are, of course, perfectly correct:) Lord you jump to conclusions too quickly:(

For some reason we got an OW on Pride last year. That shouldn't stop me criticising them for inaccuracies that are compounded by their own staff.

Anyway we have decided that the big sisters are too big for us and the little sisters don't have proper balconies that we love so that is the main reason we won't be sailing with SB again.

I do wish they could get the deck plans correct though:rolleyes:

The bigger SB ships are really no different in concept and execution from the Silver Whisper and Shadow, just a few thousand tons larger. They are also smaller than the Silver Spirit which carries almost 100 passengers more. Regent ships are much larger. Sea Dream is much smaller (half the size of the triplets) without balconies either. Crystal is even larger than Regent. So that leaves you with the Silver Cloud and Wind somewhere in between in the luxury market. I sure hope the deck plans or those two ships are accurate.

The bigger SB ships are really no different in concept and execution from the Silver Whisper and Shadow, just a few thousand tons larger. They are also smaller than the Silver Spirit which carries almost 100 passengers more. Regent ships are much larger. Sea Dream is much smaller (half the size of the triplets) without balconies either. Crystal is even larger than Regent. So that leaves you with the Silver Cloud and Wind somewhere in between in the luxury market. I sure hope the deck plans or those two ships are accurate.

Henry,

Mikey is going to sail on Island Sky and Sea Cloud Hussar,I really don't think that he is looking for a top luxury product like SB or SS.:rolleyes:

But as they say,you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Lord you are correct. We loved Island Sky and Sea Cloud 2 and are very happy with the level of service, quality of food, itineries etc. Hussar will give us a balcony. Noble Caledonia also use other ships similar to Sky and ther is also Celebrity Xpedition and Prince Albert.

Wripro. One last time. We booked 831 instead of a v4 or 5 because Charles Smith, the onboard future cruise rep, confirmed that it was BIGGER!

SB would not accept that they had made a mistake.

I find that unforgivable.

Mike, sorry to hear that Seabourn is not "your thing" anymore... But please do enjoy what ever line does it for you, luxurious or not ;)... Do keep in mind though that after Seabourn (with the all inclusive champagne and all) other lines may disappoint you now.

Marja

Thank you Marja. Do not worry. There is life after SB:) We have sailed with several cruise lines over the past 7 years and know that there are several that give an excellent cruise experience. Abundant champagne isn't everything.

Honesty and customer care are.

Take care and I hope the health of you and yours continues to improve.

Mike

Thanks Mike! I hope many cruises will follow and who knows.... maybe you will reconsider and sail on Seabourn in the future - you never know what good offers come along (always helpful I think ;=).;)

Maybe we won't "see" you again on this board, but there is always FB!

Regards to Susie!

Marja

Archived