Fish or Cut Bait

P&J Cruiser

Ok here's our delema. Were looking at the Liberty for Jan 22 2011, and were 99% sure were going. We have already got the the airfare booked. This will be our 5th cruise, so I should have known better, but I have procrastanated . When we first looked at this cruise there were OV cabins for 539.00 , now there up to 659.00 . I know , I blew it, since this is the cruiise we wanted all along. Here's the question, should I just go a head and book now, or wait a while and see if the rates fall again? I know once the 60 day out deadline is here , all payments must be made. My thinking is that after that date there will be "more" rooms available form the people tha did not pull the trigger at all, and cancelled in time to get there deposit back, Creating new inventory, so if you have any experince with situation your feed back is welcome. Or if you just want to cale me a dope.

Ok here's our delema. Were looking at the Liberty for Jan 22 2011, and were 99% sure were going. We have already got the the airfare booked. This will be our 5th cruise, so I should have known better, but I have procrastanated . When we first looked at this cruise there were OV cabins for 539.00 , now there up to 659.00 . I know , I blew it, since this is the cruiise we wanted all along. Here's the question, should I just go a head and book now, or wait a while and see if the rates fall again? I know once the 60 day out deadline is here , all payments must be made. My thinking is that after that date there will be "more" rooms available form the people tha did not pull the trigger at all, and cancelled in time to get there deposit back, Creating new inventory, so if you have any experince with situation your feed back is welcome. Or if you just want to cale me a dope.

FISH----That’s a slippery slope my friend. There is a possibility that you would make out ok. There is a much better possibility that the rate will keep going up and you end up paying a ton or pricing yourself out of the cruise all together. I would suck it up and book now, book ES so that if the rate does come down, you can capitalize on it. Good luck.

FISH----That’s a slippery slope my friend. There is a possibility that you would make out ok. There is a much better possibility that the rate will keep going up and you end up paying a ton or pricing yourself out of the cruise all together. I would suck it up and book now, book ES so that if the rate does come down, you can capitalize on it. Good luck.

Ditto. Rates for my December and June cruises are climbing and have been for months.

First of all you're not a dope.

I would say bite the bullet and book it. I rarely book the airfare without the cruise (or the other way around) as I did it once and as it turned out I had to pay some pretty hefty airfares so it goes both ways.

You MAY get a lower price through a promotion but as others mentioned, it's a long shot. My Liberty cruise has gone up, gone up and then dropped a bit but not enough for me to take advantage of my ES booking.

If it was me, I would book the cruise now and take advantage of ES. This way you can get any OBC that you would qualify for.

I never procrastinate when it comes to booking. Once we make up our minds that we are going on a particular ship/itinerary, we book it and don't look back. The only thing we do look for is any OBC that we might qualify for.

I would suggest that you find a price you feel good about as well as a cabin you feel good about , and then get it .

I book what I want where I want at a price that may be the best or not , but to me at the time it is the best , and then do not look back , just start planning the rest , excursions and saving money for all else .

If by chance , the rate goes down , fill out the form and get an onboard credit , which we received on upcoming cruise - 80.00 each .

The main thing I would regret is not booking the cabin that I wanted , Lido deck .

Enjoy your cruise whichever decision you make .

My cruise starting going up and up and up 60 days out ... still looks like they have plenty of cabins, so I'm surprised! Was hoping to take advantage of some ES benefits. But on the other hand, like others have said, I now feel like I got a good deal. I'd book now if I were you, this seems to be a trend?:cool:

What we did was book an inside cabin. And wait, prices go up you still have a place to sleep. But a week or two out start watching the rates the drop you can move up to a OV or Balcony for the same price. The longer you wait the lower they go, but they sell out if you wait two long. I have seen where some folk's check the price and number of rooms available ever hour.

For the sailing in question, early saver rates aren't available - it is within 5 months.

OP - Be sure to use the Quick Search on the Home Page and check the special rates that apply to you (State of Residency, 55+ and/or Past Guest). Also check Military Rate if it applies to you.

With any of these rates, up to Final Payment you can get price drops in the rarte you book or switch to one of the other rates that you're eligible for, if that fare drops. ken

Thanks for all the good advice, I like the idea about booking a Inside Cabin just to have a place to sleep, and then watching for price drops and buying up. It's not like the 569.00 for the OV is a deal breaker for us, that's still great value for 7 nights in warm weather in January. I'm just kicking myself since we could have used the 260.00 we would have saved for other fun stuff. You know, a few DOD's, or a extra excursion, or that highly awaitied T shirt sale :) Thanks again for your imput .

Archived