Tipping the staff in Carnival Camp

tynacruiser

Tips are up to you..there are no suggestions or requirements for the camp staff. I think $40-50 is WAY too much...after all, this service is part of your cruise fare. If I were to tip, I think $20 is more than sufficient...assuming the kids were WILD about their time there!

Mmm...all the years been going to kids programs...never thought of tipping. I usually pay the amount at the end of the cruise though. Maybe I should tip my kids teachers at home too.....mmmm

As a teacher, I can tell you that a nice gift card to Target or Walmart or even Pizza Hut will do! :rolleyes: I would use it to buy more supplies for my classroom or pizza for dinner when I am tired after teaching all day! :D

Seriously, I know the Camp Staff get a straight salary, but I have tipped $20 for my son each time (he's going on his third in 3 weeks). He loves it, and they are so good to him. I don't know if they split it or if it goes just to the people over his section. It's not expected, but I know they have always been very grateful when it has been offered (I let him give it.)

I am usually a generous tipper but I actually did not tip at the end, for a few reasons, there were many different staff members in CC at all times, I couldn't just hand one $20 and not tip the other 4-5 women. On the last night, there were women in there that were not there the other nights, so I felt like yes I could tip, but it seemed silly. If there were a few outstanding people that we saw all the time, I definitely would have. I kind of went on my gut feeling on my own experience, if I went back again and got to know any of the staff then I would have no problem tipping $20 each. Just my experience, I do feel bad that maybe they were all expecting it.

Tips are up to you..there are no suggestions or requirements for the camp staff. I think $40-50 is WAY too much...after all, this service is part of your cruise fare. If I were to tip, I think $20 is more than sufficient...assuming the kids were WILD about their time there!
Please, most people's bar tips exceed this amount! And just how long did it take to pour those drinks? Meanwhile, children spend hours a day at the kids program.....

It depends on how much your grandchild utilizes and enjoys the program. My daughter worked in the Youth Staff program one summer. Some families tipped $70 and some tipped nothing. They often wanted to give the money directly to her (or other individuals the child especially liked) but the money is pooled between all workers to make it more fair. You see, parents of teens and older kids tended not to tip, but the toddlers' parents were most generous, probably due to their appreciation of a bit of free time. Since the staff rotates each week through the age groups, it is more fair to share the tips.

As for gift cards, they are not useful in this scenario. I recently shared this concept with my daughter who replied that she would not have appreciated gift cards. How are they supposed to be divided? Trust me, these young people need the cash, whatever you choose to give.

As for the comment about "maybe we should tip our child's teacher at home?" I must say that happens every year at my child's school, in fact twice a year, at Christmas and year end, not to mention the large fund raiser held each spring.

It is my understanding that the Camp Carnival staff are not part of the tipping pool as is the rest of the crew.

My son has always enjoyed himself at Camp Carnival and NCL's Aqua Kids Club. We usually tip $50.00 with the hopes that it is shared among the staff.

Mmm...all the years been going to kids programs...never thought of tipping. I usually pay the amount at the end of the cruise though. Maybe I should tip my kids teachers at home too.....mmmm

As a middle school teacher, this would be GREATLY appreciated! :D

Archived