Suites on Triumph

wlfarm

Do suites on Triumph have a DVD/CD player? Literature says VCR, but I haven't seen a VCR anywhere in years. Haven't cruised Carnival in 5 years and this is first time in a suite. Is the fridge large enough to hold a 1.5 liter bottle of wine? Is balconey deeper then reg. balcony? Or, just wider?

What is attire for Dining room at night, now? Used to be khakis or dress pants for men, no shorts. Do many men where suits on Formal night?

Thanks!

I don't think they have a DVD player. From what I've heard, Carnival has removed DVD players from suites that used to have them. Instead, there are A/V inputs on the TVs in the suites, so you can easily hook up your own player.

Again, from what I've heard, the balcony is not deeper, just wider.

As far as dress code goes, it's definitely more casual. On regular nights, you can even wear jeans now, but no shorts. On "elegant nights" (formerly called "formal nights"), you can wear khakis and a nice shirt these days. No tie or jacket required. Some men will still wear suits. (Some people on here will report seeing 90% in suits, and some will report seeing 5%.) You'll see a little of everything on those nights from polo/khakis to suits/tuxes and everywhere inbetween. Go with whatever you enjoy, and you won't feel out of place.

Have a great cruise!

The last time I was in a suite on Triumph, fall of '08 they did have a DVD player, but that's two years ago and that info might be dated. Fridges were the same size as the standard ones on conquest sized ships. The balcony was longer but not deeper, probably twice as long as standard baclony rooms. Really nice room, nice tub and good area for DW to get ready, I don't know what you call it, where there are mirrors to do you hair and soforth. Have fun!

Do suites on Triumph have a DVD/CD player? Literature says VCR, but I haven't seen a VCR anywhere in years. Haven't cruised Carnival in 5 years and this is first time in a suite. Is the fridge large enough to hold a 1.5 liter bottle of wine? Is balconey deeper then reg. balcony? Or, just wider?

What is attire for Dining room at night, now? Used to be khakis or dress pants for men, no shorts. Do many men where suits on Formal night?

Thanks!

We will be on the Triumph 10/2 and 10/7.....

the dress code is very casual in the Main Dining Room....

on Casual nights, jeans are even allowed as long as they are neat, clean and have no holes) ... the only thing they don't allow in the Main Dining Room is sleeveless shirts and basketball shorts.... dress shorts are allowed

on Elegant night, jean are not allowed, but khakis and a polo is fine. You will see a few tuxes ...but mainly suits....although suits are not required.

These shorter cruises seem to have a more casual attire...

Hubby used to wear a suit on every cruise....but on these shorter ones, he just does khakis with a nice shirt.....

Archived