Thanksgiving Meal

bonvoyagequeen

Does anyone know how they celebrate Thanksgiving on the Eclipse? We are booked and was just wondering if they do a Dinner or is it done during the day? We have never gone on a cruise for Thanksgiving and the DH will not be happy is there isn't the usual Thanksgiving fare.:eek:

The Eclipse is too new and has never held a Thanksgiving dinner. However, we have sailed on other ships over Thanksgiving and they usually do offer a turkey dinner along with other options, but it certainly would not be or taste like home. You'd still have turkey though.

I sailed on the Infinity last year at Thanksgiving, and they did their take on a "traditional" dinner - turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc. While it most likely won't be like home, it wasn't bad either.

One thing I will give extra credit for was that in all of the lounges with TVs, they had them tuned to football games and served hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage, french fries, onion rings, etc. Thanksgiving last year coincided with a sea day on our cruise, so this made for a great day for us!

We've done T-giving for a few years now and the ship always offers a turkey dinner...not much other theming if you are into that stuff and the times for dinner do not change any. I always have the turkey and haven't been disappointed yet...though no turkey sandwiches come later that night!:rolleyes:

We are on the Eclipse with you for this Thanksgiving! Look forward to the week!

We've cruised T-giving 4 of the last 5 years. 1 NCL, 1 RCCI, 2 Celebrity (Century 08, Solstice 09).

NCL - nothing special in MDR for T-giving, but DH was able to get "something" turkey in one of the speciality resturants

RCCI - MDR had "special" menu printed for T-giving and had a nice option for turkey with all the fixings. We were at a 12-top with 2 couples from Gr.Britain and 1 other couple from Guatamala, and we had been "adopted" by the section's head waiter -- Everyone ordered the T-giving dinner (although there were lots of other options) and DD (then 12YO) got to explain all of the different foods and traditions to those who had never enjoyed an American Tgiving.

Celebrity - on both cruises MDR offered a Tgiving meal -- a bit less traditional than RCCI's but still recognizable as Tgiving What was "missing" were the traditional Tgiving desserts.

Generally the Tgiving dinners on-board are a bit more like a "Top Chef" or "TV Network" versions of Tgiving dinner - Tgiving is the underlying motivation for the plate, but the execution is not what grandma would make. (rather than my MIL's sweet potatoes with a crumble topping and melted marshmallows for instance, there were a pair of artful daubs of a sweet potato puree piped onto separate corners of my plate).

On Celebrity Tgiving was still a special and fun meal!

I sailed on the Infinity last year at Thanksgiving, and they did their take on a "traditional" dinner - turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc. While it most likely won't be like home, it wasn't bad either.

One thing I will give extra credit for was that in all of the lounges with TVs, they had them tuned to football games and served hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage, french fries, onion rings, etc. Thanksgiving last year coincided with a sea day on our cruise, so this made for a great day for us!

Dumb Question Day! Right? Were these games live? Were most of the major games televised? What about Friday-after games:eek:? What about A......?

On Royal Caribbean, one of the choices for dinner was a turkey dinner. It was similar to the turkey dinner they often have on the menu during a non-Thanksgiving cruise. That night they put up the Christmas tree and that added a nice holiday touch to the last days of our cruise.

We on the Eclipse as well and booked Murano for that night. The past few years just a few of us would join my grandma in Florida for Thanksgiving and we would skip the Turkey for Stone Crab. Figure a night in Murano will be closest to that Thanksgiving meal since we don't really care for the traditional anymore :)

Archived