FLights to Barbados with P&O

hellym1971

I have just booked my first cruise (honeymoon) for next March with P&O and fly to Barbados to pick up the ship.

I have found loads of reviews on the Oceana but cannot find anything on the flights out there. We haven't had out flight details yet so was just wondering if anyone had any experiences to share. Are flights generally direct? That kind of thing?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Helen

Which ship are you going on ?

We are doing the barbados trip next year but in november and its direct from scotland and by all accounts the next day for the same cruise, there's direct flights from various airports in england as well...

We are going on the azura...Hope some of that helps...

We have done the flight 3 times now and always enjoyed it. Hot meal and snack served on the flight with complimentary drinks aswell as wine with the hot meal. Both Thomson & Thomas Cook who do most of the charter flights now have extra leg room as standard. The best bit is when you land in Barbados, no immigration. Buses are brought to the plane and approx 40 mins later you are checking in with luggage following behind you. Nice little cruise terminal in Barbados which you can look around if you are on an early flight. Hoping to do it all again next year. We have found that check in opens around 4 hours before flight so get there early for a good seat as you often get the same seat on the return flight. We got to Gatwick 3 hours before and got separated.

Assuming you are flying from Gatwick, flights are non stop and take around 9 hours. You get served a main meal shortly after take off and and a snack before landing. As you are fast tracked to the ship, it may be some time before your luggage arrives in you cabin, assume 2-3hours after you. There will probably be two flights form Gatwick at different times but they generally leave in the morning between 8:30 and noon.

On return, you stay on the ship until about 3 hours before your departure, which will be late afternoon, but you have to vacate your cabin in the morning.

Brian

Hi, thanks for all your info on the flights. We are on the booked on the Oceana from 14th March 2011 for 14 nights flying to Barbados and sailing back to Southampton. Yes we hope to leave from Gatwick as it's our nearest airport. I love the fact it's a quick transfer from Barbados to the ship. All really usefull information, thank you.

Helen

Hi, thanks for all your info on the flights. We are on the booked on the Oceana from 14th March 2011 for 14 nights flying to Barbados and sailing back to Southampton. Yes we hope to leave from Gatwick as it's our nearest airport. I love the fact it's a quick transfer from Barbados to the ship. All really usefull information, thank you.

Helen

Have you checked your cruise personaliser?

My flights and times are on their and I am flying out 18th March.

Regards

Lynn

Archived