Ft Lauderdale b2b suggestions?

Booked

We're on the Crown Princess Quebec to Fort Lauderdale, and then 7-day Carribbean, end of October.

Any suggestions for what to do on our between day in Fort Lauderdale? - the cruise line only seems to offer excursions for those going to the airport.

We'd enjoy doing some shopping, site-seeing, but don't want to spend $100+ on cabs.

And I understand the cruise terminal is not really near anything interesting and walkable.

Many thanks for tips.

CA

I'd do laundry, but I'm warped.

Perhaps a cab to the Galleria. It's a short distance from the port and a large mall with lots of good stores.

You could go to Las Olas Blvd, a charming little street with shops, cafes and such-like. If you're with children, you might want to explore the Museum of Science and Discovery. Bonnet House Museum is another option.

Or the beach. Beach Place is one of those shopping/dining complexes with chain restaurants and stores, it's a decent place to get let out of the cab. But you could go to the beach, stroll up A1A and check out some of the cool places. Primantis is there, you could have a Pittsburgh sandwich with fries and slaw right on it!

Just some thoughts.

We're on the Crown Princess Quebec to Fort Lauderdale, and then 7-day Carribbean, end of October.

Any suggestions for what to do on our between day in Fort Lauderdale? - the cruise line only seems to offer excursions for those going to the airport.

We'd enjoy doing some shopping, site-seeing, but don't want to spend $100+ on cabs.

And I understand the cruise terminal is not really near anything interesting and walkable.

Many thanks for tips.

CA

Do laundry?

Same her...Have a b2b in Nov.........Is their not a store close to the peir , where you can walk to???? WAVTAM

No, there's nothing at Port Everglades. It's a huge cargo and passenger port. You'll need transportation to an area where you can go to the store. A cab to 17th Street will get you to drug stores, grocery stores, etc.

A taxi to 17th Street will cost about $10-$12 and as RB said there are plenty of stores in the area. If you really want to extend your range and go to Las Olas Blvd, the Galleria, Ft Lauderdale Beach and see the homes million and billionaires on the Intercoastal Waterway along the way then you could catch the Water Taxi underneath the 17th Street Causeway in front of the Hilton Marina. The fare is $13-$15 pp and allows you to get on an off all day.

The ship will probably dock at pier 2 which is walkable to some shopping. There is a Walgrens on the corner at 17th street. Just a few blocks west is the harbor shops mall. It has a publix, wine store, Marine store and some other shops and restaurants. It is all walkable.

Since we are coming in on a Saturday the Sun Trolley runs a route to the Harbor shops. You can pick it up near the Renaissance hotel which is just across the street from the port entrance. The cost is $1.

The ship will probably dock at pier 2 which is walkable to some shopping. There is a Walgrens on the corner at 17th street. Just a few blocks west is the harbor shops mall. It has a publix, wine store, Marine store and some other shops and restaurants. It is all walkable.

Since we are coming in on a Saturday the Sun Trolley runs a route to the Harbor shops. You can pick it up near the Renaissance hotel which is just across the street from the port entrance. The cost is $1.

There is also a Ross Dress for Less. If you dock at one of the terminals near 17th St you can easily walk around and shop if you have comfortable shoes, but there aren't really any great stores. You can take the public bus #40 east on 17th St to Galleria Mall on Sunrise Blvd, or it is about a $20 cab ride. The mall shops open at 10 AM.

Hey cruiseron36 & Royalcruz,

Would it be possible to walk to the same shopping area between Grandeur of the Seas sailings? I am doing a B2B in October and it appears that the pier used for that ship is a bit farther from Pier 2.

Thanks in advance.

Hey cruiseron36 & Royalcruz,

Would it be possible to walk to the same shopping area between Grandeur of the Seas sailings? I am doing a B2B in October and it appears that the pier used for that ship is a bit farther from Pier 2.

Thanks in advance.

I suppose it is possible but you will be probably be too exhausted to shop by the time you get there! It's at least another mile each way, and I don't think there are sidewalks.

Thanks.

Great ideas all - except for the laundry!

A few more questions -

Does anyone know if the Sun Trolley goes as far as the Galleria Mall? (This will be a Saturday)

Is it easy to get to the Galleria Mall from the Gallery stop on the Water Taxi (this sounds like a really fun way to get around, but is it practical as far as shopping goes?)

Is it possible to walk to the water taxi stop from the Princess pier, or will we need to take a taxi to the stop?

(And can we buy our tickets when we board?)

Thanks - I obviously need to figure out my Ft Lauderdale geography

CA

I suppose it is possible but you will be probably be too exhausted to shop by the time you get there! It's at least another mile each way, and I don't think there are sidewalks.

Thanks so much, again, for the information you offer here. It isn't so much the shopping that I was interested in doing, but, just getting out off of the ship for a couple of hours to walk. :)

Thanks so much, again, for the information you offer here. It isn't so much the shopping that I was interested in doing, but, just getting out off of the ship for a couple of hours to walk. :)

Technically you could walk. The port though, is probably one of the ugliest places in North America. Lots of containers everywhere, in the shadow of a large power sub-station. Let's not discuss the landing of airplanes at FLL just a half mile away. So hot, humid, noisy and ugly.

I'd rather just take a few turns around the prominade deck and hang out at the pool.

If you must get off the ship, perhaps an excursion, or just a taxi to the beach would be a better bet.

Archived