Do they do anything special for the kids at New Years?

tonit964

• 2 weeks later...

cruised on 12/31/09 on the Triumph. They passed out hats and headbands, although not just for the kids they liked it because we wore them most of the day. They had a table at the entrance to the Lido deck and at the spa. Not sure where else.

My DD was only 2 at the time, so I don't recall exactly what they did, but I'm thinking that they had some sort of themed party that night. She didn't attend because we were in bed with her early. I'm sorry, but I don't remember for sure.

The biggest thing was the midnight Lido New Year's party. We couldn't go obviously because of DD, but we had a balcony and could hear it and also saw some video footage later. It was the best party I've ever seen onboard! Wish we could have been there! They blew the ship's horn at midnight and passed out champagne.

Our cruise was amazing because we actually sailed on New Year's Eve and people were doing fireworks all along the river as we passed by the whole way to the gulf. Once in a lifetime thing!

We were on Grandeur of the Seas 2 years ago, and they did nothing for the kids on New Years Eve. My son (age 10 at the time) said the Adventure Ocean staff didn't do a countdown or anything...in fact, a child asked what time it was at about 12:10am and that was the first my son knew that the new year had started. He was really disappointed. I'm sure, however, that it varies from ship to ship.

Thank you both for the replies. :) I'm sure the ship will be very festive for the adults. I just hope they do something for the kids. I know my DD10 will be disappointed. We bought a very cute silver sequined tank top for her to wear.

I think I will ask the counselors ahead of time and if they aren't planning anything, the three of us will have our own little party!

Thanks!

Toni

Also, in the MDR that night they sang Auld Lang Syne and everyone blew the horns that they gave out. Tried to find my Capers from that trip, I know I kept the kids ones too, but can't find them.

Sounds like lots of fun, we can't wait!

Archived