Spirit class "extra-long extended" balconies are now Premium balconies.

Liffey

We have Cabin 7258 (an extra-long extended balcony) booked on Spirit with Early Saver. I went to do my usual daily rate-check today and, dang!, the party's over. :p

On the new Carnival booking interface, 7258 is now a "Premium Balcony" instead of an "Extended Balcony." I guess that means no more price drops for us as there is only one other Premium left on our sailing (but plenty of Extendeds). Sniffle!

Still, I know it makes sense to reclassify those rooms, and we've had plenty of drops over the past two months to get our fix. Just thought I'd share about the change.

(If you want 7260 next door, it's not only a Premium now but an Aft Premium. On our cruise, that means another $10/day/pp. Oh well, the "triple balcony for a regular 8K price" deal was fun while it lasted!)

We have Cabin 7258 (an extra-long extended balcony) booked on Spirit with Early Saver. I went to do my usual daily rate-check today and, dang!, the party's over. :p

On the new Carnival booking interface, 7258 is now a "Premium Balcony" instead of an "Extended Balcony." I guess that means no more price drops for us as there is only one other Premium left on our sailing (but plenty of Extendeds). Sniffle!

Still, I know it makes sense to reclassify those rooms, and we've had plenty of drops over the past two months to get our fix. Just thought I'd share about the change.

(If you want 7260 next door, it's not only a Premium now but an Aft Premium. On our cruise, that means another $10/day/pp. Oh well, the "triple balcony for a regular 8K price" deal was fun while it lasted!)

I agree! It was nice....and here is the proof of how nice it really was....

59541_1639820875803_1245217888_1797175_5656704_n.jpg

59541_1639820835802_1245217888_1797174_5285957_n.jpg

Really, Really, Really NICE!

We have Cabin 7258 booked on the Spirit with Early Saver Too. This will be our third time out with a balcony and the first time with an extended balcony. I couldn't believe it was available for the same price as 8k balcony's next to it when we booked. Too bad it's extra now.

I haven't done a rate check in a while but now I won't have to worry about it.

I was surprised by the new Carnival interface. When did they switch it over?

Now I can tell the Wife I booked her into a PREMIUM Suite.:)

That stinks. We have always booked the corner aft balconies with the seperate rooms on Spirit and Miracle. LOVE THEM, but with the "economic times" I realized we couldn't do them anymore and found the extended balconies for the same price as regular balconies. Figured I was getting a bonus; kind of "half between aft and regular." :cool: We booked the same cabin we were in on the Miracle last May for NEXT May, so I guess we were lucky to get the price we did. Don't know if we will be able to go on a cruise after 5/11, but if we do, I guess we will have to "slum" and go back to regular balconies. :eek: Just hope I don't bump into DH! ;)

I agree! It was nice....and here is the proof of how nice it really was....

59541_1639820875803_1245217888_1797175_5656704_n.jpg

59541_1639820835802_1245217888_1797174_5285957_n.jpg

Really, Really, Really NICE!

OMG!! I have one of those on the Legend next month. My very first balcony...boy am I going to get spoiled! Thanks for posting pics..it got me super excited!!

Gina

The deck plans showing cabin categories haven't changed, but have you tried to book a new cruise? The old categories don't even seem to exist now.

I found out 7258 was reclassified as a Premium Balcony when I was messing with the new interface which - as far as I can tell - doesn't use any designation such as 8K, 8D, etc. Instead, non-suite balconies are classified into one of four categories: "Obstructed Balcony," "Balcony," "Extended Balcony," and "Premium Balcony." After you choose one of these, you are further classified: "Forward," "Midship," and "Aft."

When I looked for 7258 on a future Spirit cruise (and I just tried it again with the March 11, 2012, sailing), I could only book 7258 by selecting "Premium Balcony" then "Midship."

Interestingly, on that same sailing, the four aft cabins in the very back (not the wrap-around suites) - 8Ns - are just Extended Balconies, not Premium Balconies. (But now there is a surcharge for an aft cabin, so one still pays more for those.)

I just tried the April 22, 2012, sailing on Pride. Same deal.

I don't mind the very small increase in price for these beautiful extra-long balconies, but if there aren't very many cabins in the "Premium Balcony" category, then getting price drops with Early Saver is unlikely, that's all. (Not a dealbreaker for me, but I will miss catching price drops!)

Carnival is certainly going all to HE** with themselves aren't they?

I was hearing a few months ago that you can no longer get the partitions opened on Miracle balconies anymore. That's not even counting what a pain it was to get them to open them and the second to last day the suckers close them:eek:

I could book 7258 as a midship balcony. It did charge me more

when I selected the deck I wanted. But the cabin shows as the last one in the mid ship area for the reg balcony price. Thats the Legend for June.:confused:

Today I cant get anything but the old screen???

I'm currently booked on Miracle for July 2012 (weekend to Bahamas - the only way my mom is ever going to see a balcony! LOL!). We were in 8J - 6222 - and as I perused whereelse we might be, I saw 6232 (same set up as the longer balcony above). It came up as 8J when I went in as if I was booking new. BUT, I was doing it in the old booking interface (for the record, I hate the new booking interface. I hate the new searching interface too!). Since it showed as available, I just called, and had us switched, no extra fare, etc.

So yes, they are messing back & forth.

But I also really want to thank the poster above who posted the pics, I'm tickled pink that my mom will get this great balcony - I wasn't sure if it really was going to be bigger or not. Yay!!!

I could book 7258 as a midship balcony. It did charge me more

when I selected the deck I wanted. But the cabin shows as the last one in the mid ship area for the reg balcony price. Thats the Legend for June.:confused:

Today I cant get anything but the old screen???

Just curious about your cruise history. What's the story behind the "swine flu" cruise? Doesn't sound like too much fun! :eek::(

Just curious about your cruise history. What's the story behind the "swine flu" cruise? Doesn't sound like too much fun! :eek::(

Oh, That was last year over when they closed Mexico becuase of the outbreak of H1N1 (swine flu) and none of the ships could port down there. We live in San Diego and everyone was cancelling and they were pretty much giving cruises to nowhere and cruise up the coast of Ca. away for a song. It actually turned out pretty great! Unless you were on one that had already left or were boarding the day they closed the ports. You were packed for nice warm weather and ended up near Canada! Gret OBC and prices were so cheap it was crazy.

Not just Spirit class ships have this change. We are on the Victory (Triumph class) and our "L" shaped balcony is now a "Premium" balcony. It's the same price under the past guest rate as the regular balcony though.

Oh and I really do not like the new website format. I will have to use another website to check prices.

• 4 weeks later...
Those were great pictures of the balcony. Does anyone have any pictures of the interior of 7258?

Thanks!

The interior is identical to the other balcony cabins' date=' so if you've seen one, you've seen this one. But I can't wait for that balcony...we're in single digits now...WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!:D:D:D[/font']

The extra long balconies are these the balconies to the suites?

No, the ones we are discussing here are balcony cabins which just happen to have extra long balconies because the cabins are next to crew storage/ice room. So you also get the area behind that room as part of your balcony. If you look at the deck plans, you will see these cabins just before the aft elevators and it shows the longer balcony. The one we are talking about is 7258...I believe they also have the same type of cabin in the same place on deck 5, 6 & 8 (port side).

We had a suite in May, though, and the balcony was about this same size (cabin #6258 - aft):)

Archived