Spirit class "extra-long extended" balconies are now Premium balconies.

Liffey

Thanks Irishlinny for the quick responses. Do you know if the sofa is the long sofa's that I have seen in some of the other cabins or a little couch that I have sometimes seen. My husband likes to lay on the sofa and watch TV. Strange I know, but he is tall and would perfer a full sofa if I can get it...and I would prefer the great balcony of course.

Thanks Irishlinny for the quick responses. Do you know if the sofa is the long sofa's that I have seen in some of the other cabins or a little couch that I have sometimes seen. My husband likes to lay on the sofa and watch TV. Strange I know' date=' but he is tall and would perfer a full sofa if I can get it...and I would prefer the great balcony of course.[/quote']

I wasn't aware that there are different size sofas...I think all of ours were the same size. They're not overly long, but many can convert to a bed, so they're not really short. If it's too short for him, then he can lounge on the bed;)

They are the same size sofas as in all the cabins. Irishlinny is right, there aren't different sizes for different cabins. The cabin for the extended balconies is exactly the same as a "regular" balcony cabin on port or starboard side.

I know I should know the answer to this question...but I am all of sudden confused.

The OP mentioned that the class she booked was gine and she could not get price drops. To continue to get price drops, can't you just look at the class directly above your booked class. If it drops below what you paid for your lower class then you should get OBC or $ off cruise.

Right?

interesting... I had booked a ES rate on the legend for March 12 cat 9b (now a premium cabin) but when I recently found other premium cabins at a lower rate they told me they were not the same. They said they were cat 8k so no OBC for me. Seems to me if it's now all the same cat according to their booking engine should we get the OBC?

The OP mentioned that the class she booked was gine and she could not get price drops. To continue to get price drops, can't you just look at the class directly above your booked class. If it drops below what you paid for your lower class then you should get OBC or $ off cruise. Right?

Well, the next category up from the Premium Balcony designation is a suite and unlikely to drop below our price... plus, as dreamy as suites are, unless it was an aft wrap, I'd rather keep this unique balcony. (Conventional wisdom seems to be that you must upgrade to the higher category if its price drops below yours - no OBC or $/off.)

However, I can access the old site again when I use Firefox, so I'm back to comparing 7258 to 8Ks. ;) And when I want to shop for a new cruise, I open a different browser, which goes to the new site and I have a better chance of pinpointing the exact cabin I want. The best of both worlds! :D

No, the ones we are discussing here are balcony cabins which just happen to have extra long balconies because the cabins are next to crew storage/ice room. So you also get the area behind that room as part of your balcony. If you look at the deck plans, you will see these cabins just before the aft elevators and it shows the longer balcony. The one we are talking about is 7258...I believe they also have the same type of cabin in the same place on deck 5, 6 & 8 (port side).

We had a suite in May, though, and the balcony was about this same size (cabin #6258 - aft):)

The extended balconies on Deck 5 are not the same as the other decks, the balcony is much more narrow. In this thread, there are photos where you can see that the chair is angled to fit on the balcony.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1123838&highlight=5236

The extended balconies on Deck 5 are not the same as the other decks, the balcony is much more narrow. In this thread, there are photos where you can see that the chair is angled to fit on the balcony.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1123838&highlight=5236

Good to know! Thanks for posting this. That balcony would annoy me, I think. But better than no balcony;)I'm surprised to see the taller lifeboats back that far...

Archived