Which package would you purchase?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Which package would you purchase?

• Classic Non-Alcoholic Package $13 / day
    • Premium Non-Alcoholic Package $16 / day
    • Classic Package $39 / day
    • Premium Package $49 / day
    • Would not purchase a package

If NCL were to implement something like this' date=' I would hope that they spend the time to educate their servers on when and how to cut people off and also give them the authority to do so. But, I doubt that would happen. PE[/color']

Bartenders and waiters cutting drunks off a prepaid binge will surely have ramifications. Either the enviable fights for just one more drink or the abandonment of the cruise line because there are just too many drunks aboard.

I just contacted group events to order a bar setup for my cabin. The price for a Crown Royal and a bottle of Patron would be $250.:eek: This is about $90 more than it was a year and half ago. Also there are no sodas included in the package. At least on Celebrity the Crown Royal is $100 but it includes six sodas and a box of nuts.

At $250 for two bottles of liquor (which I doubt will be completely consumed) and the other bar and soda charges it would easily hit the charge of the premium drink package.

With these prices it pushes you toward a drink package or even smuggling.

I would take a premium drink package.

Take care,

Mike

mike, first you say a bottle would be $250, then you say 2 bottles? Which is it?

We did a bottle of scotch (not premium) a few months ago and it was $63.00.

Nita

My only issue is that you'd likely have to buy into a whole week of this, you couldn't just sign up for three days, for example. I can't imagine drinking that much each day. It would particularly feel like a waste on port days when I'd rather spend my drinking money in port.

I do think it would be great to have these as an option, though.

We'd opt for the premium even though we "probably" wouldn't save $ by choosing the package. at least we'd know we won't go over it, and could budget easier.

The group package NCL has in place now is a great deal like another poster stated. It's worth looking into, and I doubt that difficult to arrange amongst fellow cc'ers.

For our upcoming cruise, we'll be getting the bar setup as usual, take a few bottles of wine/bubbly, watch for specials in the Daily's, and purchase mostly beer and not many drinks.

Thanks to everyone for responding. I was curious as to how many folks would partake of a beverage package. I especially liked the post stating that this would enhance Freestyle cruising by adding another option...(and if your listening NCL, another revenue opportunity). I find it very interesting that 50% would make the choice to pre-plan their experience while 50% choose to decide as they go. That is the epitome of Freestyle in my opinion.

I obviously LOVE the concept and think that it is a win-win scenario...there's no way a cruise lines buying power would ever spend $49/day on a cruiser for liquid intake and a cruiser could partake with whatever they choose while still maintaining a proper budget.

mike, first you say a bottle would be $250, then you say 2 bottles? Which is it?

We did a bottle of scotch (not premium) a few months ago and it was $63.00.

Nita

Nita:

I believe I did state it was for two bottles.

The price for a Crown Royal and a bottle of Patron would be $250

Each bottle is $123 for a total of $246. They are both top shelf brands and a higher rate. I rounded up. A year and half ago the same liquor was $80/bottle with lower shelf liquor going for about $20 less.

Take care,

Mike

Nita:

I believe I did state it was for two bottles.

Each bottle is $123 for a total of $246. They are both top shelf brands and a higher rate. I rounded up. A year and half ago the same liquor was $80/bottle with lower shelf liquor going for about $20 less.

Take care,

Mike

ok, I frist read a bottle and then the 2, I just needed a clarification. Yes, they have raised their prices, a couple of years ago we paid $40 for JW red. Now it is $60 and JW isn't on the list.

I am a little surprised that Celebrity is less as they have always been the highest in the past. In fact, I think that is why NCL raised their prices. I know Celebrity has higher wine prices as well.

Nita

Archived