Another "Can we make this flight?" thread

kiddo76

We are sailing on Freedom 1/30/11. Is 12:20 an OK time to fly out of MCO? I don't want to stress, but I also don't want to wait around all day to get home.

Thanks!

Barring any extraordinary delay with Customs & Immigration, or a huge jacknifed tractor-trailer on the highway, or the death of Goofy at the Orlando airport, a 12:20 flight should be fine.

Exactly what Merion Mom said - however, don't use RCCL's aiport transportation. Get a cab. We had to wait for an hour before our bus was full to go to the airport...then 45 minutes to the airport, waiting another 10 minutes for the luggage to be taken off the bus before we could depart...it eats up a lot of time.

I am normally all about relaxing after a cruise and not having to get back into the rush-rush of normality, in other words I HATE to rush to the airport after a cruise. With that said, I would schedule a 12:20 flight and don't think it will be an issue (unless Merion Mom's stories pan out ;) ).

As a previous poster stated, don't use RCCL's transportation, schedule/drive yourself and get off ship early.

Tim

On the several occasions I've flown out of MCO (not post-cruise), the security line took a long time(30+ minutes) to traverse. If you find you are short of time, go ask the guard at the front of the line to let you cut in...frequently they do if your flight <45 mins.

Thanks for the replies!

I am normally all about relaxing after a cruise and not having to get back into the rush-rush of normality, in other words I HATE to rush to the airport after a cruise. With that said, I would schedule a 12:20 flight and don't think it will be an issue (unless Merion Mom's stories pan out ;) ).

As a previous poster stated, don't use RCCL's transportation, schedule/drive yourself and get off ship early.

Tim

It's good to hear this from someone who hates to rush.

If Goofy died, I'd be much too sad to fly anyway. ;)

You shouldn't have a problem. To be safe, carry off luggage or be in the first group off. A few weeks ago, those getting off with luggage were clear at 6:00. The next group wasn't released until 7:15. Still plenty of time to get to the airport on time.

Archived