Boston Subway Questions

frogandtoad

We're flying into Logan and staying at the Boston Sheraton by the Prudential Center. I looked at the subway map and thought I came up with a route that we could take to get to the hotel (with luggage) but I'm not sure it'll work because of stations without elevators or escalators. Can someone let me know if there's a route to take that'll work? If not, what options would we have? Is there a shared shuttle that we can pick up at the airport without having reservations? Also, is there a subway route that would work to get to the cruise terminal? Thanks in advance for your responses!

Public transportation from Logan to the Sheraton would involve steps in the Green Line stations plus the steps to get on and off the trolleys. The best idea I have been able to come up with is to take the Silver Line to South Station for $2/pp. This is easy with luggage. Then get a cab to take you the rest of the way to the Sheraton ($12-15). Not taking a cab directly from Logan eliminates all the surcharges for the airport and the tunnel toll.

... and in the opposite direction (Sheraton to cruise port) you're probably best off using a cab, but the Silver Line (SL2) from South Station does go to the cruise port. (The SL1 goes to Logan, the SL2 to the cruise port.) But there aren't any crazy airport access fees or tunnel tolls to get to/from the cruise port.

I would take a cab from the Sheraton to Black Falcon Terminal. You won't save any substantial kind of money getting off at South Station to pay $2/pp to ride the Silver Line to Black Falcon. However, if you are docking at Black Falcon and going to Logan Airport, the Silver Line is a great deal at $2/pp.

Archived