smoking policy

bogofman

wow, another smoking debate.

Here it is, i do not sail on non-smoking ships and if smoke bothers you

you should not sail on a ship that allows it.

period.

Totally agree!!!:D Reminds me of a song, "Here We Go Again"! Hey wish people would do a search before posting the over and over, over, over again smoking thread!! Truly understand both sides. But, please do a research before doing a new thread that has been addressed over, over, over & over many times!!!!!;) Look at the NCL policy on smoking as it is limited. Yes, cabins, balconies and a few other areas. The ones I love is those that complain when they are in a clearly smoking area! Hey you non smokers stay out of the smoking area and enjoy the area setup for you!!! As for those that smoke enjoy your area!!!:D

Read Celebrity is rethinking their policy as they have many ships that are by no means sailing full!!! Maybe why Carnival did away with their smoke free ship!!! Just my opinion!!!

Guess that's why there are quite a few keenly priced Celebrity cruises in the UK.

Non smokers: - use it or lose it:cool:

Our last cruise was on Celebrity, and we really appreciated the enlightened (pun not intended) smoking restrictions. The problem was many smokers would simply ignore them and smoke where they wanted. I'm there for relaxation and really hate to risk provoking a "situation", so I just tried to move somewhere. But with the shortage of deck chairs on "at sea" days that was sometimes difficult.

I won't say smoking policy is a "deal breaker", as we can't afford to pick and choose our cruises ... but it often dictates whether or not we can fully enjoy our limited vacation time and money.

I smoke cigars and a pipe. Perfectly happy not to smoke where it is forbidden. Perfectly happy to smoke where it's allowed.

Funny to me how the most reactionary non-smokers seem to think the world revolves around them. Everyone must accommodate them. Only their wants and desires matter. Heaven forbid they must deny themselves anything.

The property owner - be it ship, restaurant, bar, whatever - should decide whether to allow a legal product like tobacco. Not the government.

If you don't like a smoking policy anywhere - just don't go. If enough non-smokers stay away from a cruise line, restaurant,, bar, etc., the policy will change. If not, then so be it.

Lord knows we have the government trying to control enough of our lives already.

I smoke cigars and a pipe. Perfectly happy not to smoke where it is forbidden. Perfectly happy to smoke where it's allowed.

Funny to me how the most reactionary non-smokers seem to think the world revolves around them. Everyone must accommodate them. Only their wants and desires matter. Heaven forbid they must deny themselves anything.

The property owner - be it ship, restaurant, bar, whatever - should decide whether to allow a legal product like tobacco. Not the government.

If you don't like a smoking policy anywhere - just don't go. If enough non-smokers stay away from a cruise line, restaurant,, bar, etc., the policy will change. If not, then so be it.

Lord knows we have the government trying to control enough of our lives already.

Well said.;)

PE

Amen.

Just as all smokers aren't alike, neither are all non-smokers. As long as I cruise NCL I respect your rights.

Archived