55+ discount eligibility

elycelynne

I was just clicking around on the Royal Carribbean website from a banner ad, and was offered a $300 55+ discount on a balcony cabin for a particular Suez Canal repositioning cruise...

That's really great, but that's a pretty expensive cruise to begin with. I'd love to do that, but....$$$$. Some of us are talking about plain old (no pun intended) regular weekly cruises. :)!

I've gotten senior discounts on RCCL & a Military rate on Celebrity. On Royal, I booked an inside cabin well in advance. A Senior rate on a balcony cabins came up for just a few dollars ($60 pp)more. So I grabbed it. Then a senior rate came available on a Junior Suite for the same price as the balcony. We sailed in a Junior Suite for peanuts over what we had booked the inside for.

You have to check rates often & always "check" the box if you are over 55, had military service or fire/EMT service. The senior rate can be quite substantial. Always check categories higher than what you are booked it, sometimes senior or military rates are cheaper than regular rates of lower cabins. On Celebrity, my military rate for a Concierge Class Balcony was cheaper ($300 PP) than a regular balcony, about the same price as a regular Ocean View.

Archived