Hotel suggestions in St. Martin

OSU grad

My experience staying in St Maarten over the past 15 years every year or every other year is all the properties have gone down hill except some of the very expensive ones as in $250.00 a night verity.

My favorite accommodation is a small family run 45 room Sea View Beach Hotel. Rooms are basic motel quality but very clean no mold or oder issues not run way down. Cost is a plus under $100.00 will be staying in November cos is about $80.00 as I recall per night beach front view.

Sea View Beach Hotel is owned and operated by a family that has been in the Hotel and Hospitality Industry for over 50 years.

We are located on Frontstreet, in the island's capital of Philipsburg along side the Great Bay Beach.

Our facilities have 45 rooms, which consists of singles, doubles, triples and quads.

Several of our rooms have an ocean view and you have the luxury of stepping out your room and in a matter of 25 seconds walking directly on to the beach.

http://www.seaviewbeachhotel.com

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=SEAVIEW+HOTEL%0AP+O+BOX+65%0APhilipsburg%0ANetherlands+Antilles&fb=1&gl=us&hq=seaview+hotel+po+box+65&hnear=Philipsburg,+

Also bookable through hotel.com and other online sites price was some times like 10% cheaper.

If you're willing to do a little legwork, for $250 per night (and you can spend more or less), you can rent a villa with a private pool. We come to St Martin twice a year, stay in a three bedroom villa in Orient Bay, and the price is around $275 per night....MUCH better than a hotel...IMHO

• 3 weeks later...
We are looking for hotel suggestions for December 3rd in St. Martin. Would like to be on the water in the Grand Case area. Restaurant suggestions also appreciated. Thanks.

If you haven't booked yet, take a look at Le Petit Hotel (beachfront) or L'Esplanade (not beach front, but great views of Grand Case). I've stayed several times at L'Esplanade. Also waterfront and usually getting good reviews, is Grand Case Beach Club. For all of these hotels, you can walk to 'restaurant row' for dinner.

I'm having a hard time deciding whether msu's post is a recommendation or an advertisement.

My favorite restaurant in Grand Case is L'Auberge Gourmande, followed by the lolos in the middle of town (cheap, great grilled foods).

It is a recommendation. Sorry if it came across as a advertisement should not of posted a link I guess.

Long time friend's who moved to St Maarten many years ago recommend the Sea View to all who visit them. Just need a place to sleep being we hang out at are friend's place when in St Maarten. Several years ago we use to stay at the Sonesta prior to the Sonesta we stayed at Holland House in it's heyday early - mid 80's then it went way down upkeep wise. Stayed at various others as well over the years. Tend to like simple smaller places for land based accommodation as age sets in. As well tastes in ship's have changed over the years now only take smaller capacity ships.

It is a recommendation. Sorry if it came across as a advertisement should not of posted a link I guess.

Many links are fine, but it looked like an ad when you posted things such as, "We are located..... Our facilities", etc.

The less time spent in St. Maarten the better...miserable traffic, unhappy people, zero city planning...beat-up hotels...awful airport. The last time we flew in, some disgruntled resident called in a bomb threat and our plane had to divert to San Juan. I know there are folks who love it, but we'll do anything to avoid it.

The less time spent in St. Maarten the better...miserable traffic, unhappy people, zero city planning...beat-up hotels...awful airport. The last time we flew in, some disgruntled resident called in a bomb threat and our plane had to divert to San Juan. I know there are folks who love it, but we'll do anything to avoid it.

St. Maarten is not my top choice for a Caribbean island, but still far better than many including St. Thomas.

Archived