Why bother to label the hot tubs "adults only"?

~earthmama~

Ouch...

I don't play in Camp Carnival or "hang out" at Circle C....

I don't mind kids on board and have not had much problem with them

but..the serenity area??

I liked that feature on Imagination and am looking forward to it on Imagination and now Glory...and thinking of a cruise on Freedom

I think the "Serenity" area has been designated and sold as adult only, 21 and up only actually and that should be enforced

I would not hesitate to call an employee or then security or keep going up the chain of command if this is not being enforced

can you give some specifics please?? what happened?? an isolated incident, or ongoing?? did you complain to staff on board??

thanks

Hopefully these aren't the "well behaved" children we always read about on CC.:confused:

Of course not. They were undoubtedly the children of the people who are going to show up here later to complain about something and demand a free cruise. ;)

we should tar and feather these horrible childrent, shouldn't we? :eek::eek::eek:

I don't think anyone was blaming the kids here - kids will be kids...and I'm sure the kids didn't realize that the hot tubs were only for adults. However, if Carnival touts something as an adults-only area, they need to make sure that is enforced.

Unenforceable rules are like having no rule at all. Last October and November saw more then a few kids get booted from the serenity spa. I wish all ships were consistent with enforcement. Guessing it is why people bend rules they know are in place.

I don't think anyone was blaming the kids here - kids will be kids...and I'm sure the kids didn't realize that the hot tubs were only for adults. However, if Carnival touts something as an adults-only area, they need to make sure that is enforced.

I don't know. I find that by age 8, kids are generally good enough readers to make out a sign that says "Adults Only". Not saying they're the best decision makers though. :p;)

If Carnival refuses to enforce it even in the serenity area?

Same thing with chair hogs. Why bother stating you have a policy against chair hogs and then ignore it. If people thought for 1 minute that they'd lose their towel, book, sunglasses after 30 minutes, they wouldn't leave them there.

OP did you point this out to Carnival staff? Were your pleas ignored?

They cant have someone everywhere. Also staff in that area at the time may not be permitted to instruct individuals of certain rules.

Ouch...

I don't play in Camp Carnival or "hang out" at Circle C....

I don't mind kids on board and have not had much problem with them

but..the serenity area??

I liked that feature on Imagination and am looking forward to it on Imagination and now Glory...and thinking of a cruise on Freedom

I think the "Serenity" area has been designated and sold as adult only, 21 and up only actually and that should be enforced

I would not hesitate to call an employee or then security or keep going up the chain of command if this is not being enforced

can you give some specifics please?? what happened?? an isolated incident, or ongoing?? did you complain to staff on board??

thanks

Well the hot tubs by the pool were ALWAYS full of kids, splashing, knocking drinks over, being a nuisance etc. We left our munchkin with Grandma and went to the serenity are to find the same thing. I spoke to one parent there with THREE kids being a PITA in the hot tub. I said "excuse me but maybe you did not know that this area is adults only" The answer I got "They are here with me, it's their cruise too, if you don't like it leave"

DH was in the poolside hot tub and said (to a parent who's kids were driving all the adults crazy) "Excuse me, kids are not allowed in the hot tub, the sign says so" The answer HE got "F**K YOU I'll take my kids any damn place I please, I PAID for them to do whatever they want"

And yes we (and others) spoke to staff several times and nothing was ever done. DH was told "Well I can't ask them to leave" (???)

I love kids, I took our child on this cruise, I do daycare. My issue is not with the kids so much as their parents. WHY oh WHY do some people believe rules are only made for other peoples kids?

Oh please, I am a parent too, I love kids but there IS a time and place. I kept MY child out of the adults only areas.

Oh so there were parents that put their kids into the hot tub? Parents that watched their kids go inot the hot tubs?

Was it obvious they were disrupting "adults" (using that term lightly as I have seen the way some adults act in a hot tub.. O.O ) that were trying to use the hot tub?

Well then after the follow up post it is inexcusable that an issue was brought up and not addressed.

I've never been in the hot tub, so excuse my ignorance but what is the age they consider adult? Is there a hot tub for the teens? I know my kids love hot tubs, but they wouldn't go in an "adult" one.

The ages seem to be discretionary based on the activity, that's why I ask. ie: 21 to drink, 18 to gamble (I think), older than that to book a cabin I believe

Question - I've been on a lot of cruise lines but not Carnival recently so I can't remember. I know that at least one other cruise line has the rules beside the 'main' hot tubs and it states that anyone under 'X' has to be accompanied by an adult.

What is Carnival's rule? No kids at all or kids with adults?

Oh please, I am a parent too, I love kids but there IS a time and place. I kept MY child out of the adults only areas.

more of a reply to the third poster, not so much yours. The poster seemed quite amused of watching kids getting chased from the tub...

Oh so there were parents that put their kids into the hot tub? Parents that watched their kids go inot the hot tubs?

Was it obvious they were disrupting "adults" (using that term lightly as I have seen the way some adults act in a hot tub.. O.O ) that were trying to use the hot tub?

It is my understanding that kids aren't supposed to be in the Serenity area at all, regardless of whether or not they are being disruptive. If the adults-only policy is not enforced, what is the point of having that area?

Well then after the follow up post it is inexcusable that an issue was brought up and not addressed.

Agreed. It sounds like the OP tried to do the right thing by letting staff know during the cruise. Something should have been done.

Question - I've been on a lot of cruise lines but not Carnival recently so I can't remember. I know that at least one other cruise line has the rules beside the 'main' hot tubs and it states that anyone under 'X' has to be accompanied by an adult.

What is Carnival's rule? No kids at all or kids with adults?

As far as the Serenity area goes, it is supposed to be adults only in the whole area, not just the hot tubs. Not sure about the other parts of the ship.

I've never been in the hot tub, so excuse my ignorance but what is the age they consider adult? Is there a hot tub for the teens? I know my kids love hot tubs, but they wouldn't go in an "adult" one.

The ages seem to be discretionary based on the activity, that's why I ask. ie: 21 to drink, 18 to gamble (I think), older than that to book a cabin I believe

That's actually a great question. I don't have the answer but the kids in question in my case were approx 8 and under.

It is my understanding that kids aren't supposed to be in the Serenity area at all, regardless of whether or not they are being disruptive. If the adults-only policy is not enforced, what is the point of having that area?

Agreed. It sounds like the OP tried to do the right thing by letting staff know during the cruise. Something should have been done.

Whats the sense of posting the speed limit if no one follows it? Yes it is enforced but the police cant be everywhere all the time. ;)

You are asking people to be... human.. and think about what they are doing and or are responsible for... sometimes that does not work out to well.

However once the issue was brought to the attention of someone in authority it should have been addressed.

Archived