Book 7 mile beach with Carnival or just hire a cab?

Cigar Dude

We don't know much about Caymen Islands and 7 mile beach but we have sailed quite a few times. We commonly do not book through the ship; rather just grab a cab and tell them where we want to go. But, I have read where parts of 7 mile beach are fenced off and you have to pay to get access.

Is it better to book though Carnival and take their canned excursion or hire a cab to take us to a nice part of 7 mile beach?

You will save some big $$$ doing your own thing. We usually end up and at Sea Grapes and rent a couple of chairs grab a cold one and enjoy the day. No charge to acces the beach. Bathrooms, outside shower food and drinks available. It's 10 - 15 minute drive and the cabs(vans shared with others) are ready when you are.

You will save some big $$$ doing your own thing. We usually end up and at Sea Grapes and rent a couple of chairs grab a cold one and enjoy the day. No charge to acces the beach. Bathrooms, outside shower food and drinks available. It's 10 - 15 minute drive and the cabs(vans shared with others) are ready when you are.

That's EXACTLY what I wanted to know. Thanks! ;)

go by taxi. JUst back from a wonderful time at Royal Palm beach. We rented chairs and an umbrella and life was good. There is also a big bar/restaurant there and the Corona's were nice and cold.Enjoy it is a beautiful beach, one of my favorites.

• 2 weeks later...
go by taxi. JUst back from a wonderful time at Royal Palm beach. We rented chairs and an umbrella and life was good. There is also a big bar/restaurant there and the Corona's were nice and cold.Enjoy it is a beautiful beach, one of my favorites.

hi, could you tell me how far royal palm is from pier, and the cost of cab, and chairs and umbrells etc? thanks so much, will be there next month.

• 3 weeks later...

We'll be traveling to GC in December and are planning on taking a taxi to 7 mile. Can anyone who's been there recently tell me how much the average taxi ride to the beach is? Do all beaches along 7 mile have restrooms or should we try going to Royal Palms or some place like that? Thanks!

We'll be traveling to GC in December and are planning on taking a taxi to 7 mile. Can anyone who's been there recently tell me how much the average taxi ride to the beach is? Do all beaches along 7 mile have restrooms or should we try going to Royal Palms or some place like that? Thanks!

Nothing has changed from the info in the earlier parts of the thread. :D

$4-6 US per person each way for taxi (shared-ride vans)

Need to go someplace like Royal Palms, Sea Grape/Calico Jacks or Tiki Beach if you want facilities (ie. restrooms)

7 mile beach is not fenced off in anyway. The beach is considered Queens Land and therefore cannot be owned or blocked off unlike places like Jamaica where they have fencing that goes into the water.

The biggest thing with Cayman is that you cannot use chairs and bathrooms unless you are a guest or customer of that property.

You can definitely take a taxi to 7 mile...all suggestions for where to go are really good. Royal Palms is great but others are good too.

Cayman is famous for Stingray city though, and it isn't an expensive trip...have you looked into Stingray city? If you are visiting Cayman, Stingray city is a must do!

I would recomend Royal Palms it's a $4.00 taxi ride per person and if you have a small child and sit in your lap they ride for free. At the Royal Palms they do charge $7.00 to use the lounges. The also have a open air bar and have food. We were thier last Sept.and had a great time just using the beach and having a few beers. They also have restrooms and outside showers at no charge.

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

Cayman-CozumelCruise079.jpg

HAVE FUN

We were at Royal Palms last tuesday and the waves were like the last picture in the set. Also I believe the chair prices have gone up.

I am wondering which beach/excursion you decided on and how it was.

**OFF TOPIC KIND OF---Do all of the beaches have higher waves as shown in the pictures above or are there beaches that are calmer on the island?:confused:

The winds that day were at thirty plus mph. But not always that way with all the storms this year it's hard to hit the good days. All in all we still had fun and relaxed. We will be back in Dec. when the storms are less but it's still hit and miss. Here is a picture taken a year ago looking at the same beach area from the ship and as you can see it's calm in December.

12_09_541.jpg

This is the other side where Stingray sand bar is.

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

Archived