How many ships in FLL on disembarkation day?

PCruzer

Here's a blow up of the same image. The Statendam-class ship is at 26, the Carnival Spirit class is at 29, the ship at pier 30 is either Volendam or Zaandam.

Fll.jpg

Tnat is a beautiful photo. Looking at one of the HAL ships, you can see some a lifeboat in the water, and some hanging out the side waiting to be lowered down.

This port must be a nightmare getting to and from.

Is this the port in Florida where you can see all the cruise ships lined up from the highway? I was over there in 1994 and saw so many cruise ships at a port. I have never forgotten the scene, as it looked like a giant taxi rank. I wasn't cruising, just on a land tour.

This port must be a nightmare getting to and from.
No, it's very easy. In the top pic of post #16 you can see the airport in the top right corner.

Is this the port in Florida where you can see all the cruise ships lined up from the highway?

I think you must be thinking of Miami.

Is this the port in Florida where you can see all the cruise ships lined up from the highway? I was over there in 1994 and saw so many cruise ships at a port. I have never forgotten the scene, as it looked like a giant taxi rank. I wasn't cruising, just on a land tour.

I believe you're referring to the port of Miami. Miami has a road running parallel to the port, and you have a great view of the ships all lined up as you drive by. This shot is often seen on many TV shows (CSI Miami, Burn Notice).

Lauderdale....you don't get a great view of the ships from any of the main roads. Get an upper level tower room at the Hyatt Pier 66, and you can have a wonderful shot of the intercoastal along with the port.

I've read where people say they know how many ships will be in Fort Lauderdale on their disembarkation day. Is there a web site that gives this information? I'm trying to find out how many ships will be there on March 13, 2011. Thanks.

Yes, it's cruise cal dot com. $3 a month. I sign on before each cruise. Very useful info.

Here is a map of the port.

www.porteverglades.net/includes/media/docs/Port-Map-2009.pdf

I've never been lucky enough to disembark from one HAL ship and board another! I envy you!

I have sailed from Pier 19 and Pier 26. The parking garage is between them. I imagine you can walk around the garage - or even cut through it! It should not be too much of a hike.

Once we sailed out of Pier 29 on the Volendam. (Someone with greater knowledge than I would know if that pier can accommodate a larger ship.)

When we sailed on the Volendam, I parked my car in the midport garage and took a free shuttle bus to the pier.

Thanks for the map, oceanwench! That's a nice one!

Picture from February 2010. In port are Zuiderdam and Westerdam. Certainly walkable in a pinch, but you can see it is not a direct route. Depends on how much luggage...EM

That's a lot longer walk than it looks in the picture ... about a mile, because of where you have to go. But if there's a ship down at pier 29 (the left one in the above pic) there will be a free shuttle running between there and the mid-port garage across from pier 26 (the right one in the pic).

2084893350099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

Yes, it's cruise cal dot com. $3 a month. I sign on before each cruise. Very useful info.

Definitely the best and most accurate of the sites available to see where ships are. :D

Miami for shipspotting in the winter months and on Sat/Sun offers quite a few 100,000+ ton cruiseships all lined up in row, which will be pretty amazing to see!

Picture from February 2010. In port are Zuiderdam and Westerdam. BG-51.jpg

I would LOVE to have a condo in the large building just at the exit from the harbor. Every time we have sailed out of Fort Lauderdale, we wave at the people who are out on their balconies.

Then again, if I had a home there and saw all those beautiful cruise ships sailing away, one after the other, I might get depressed and want to be on them...

Archived