Carnival Magic coming to Galveston, sounds really nice!

dixie54

I heard it was going to stay year around. The ship sounds really awesome! Anyone going to give it a try?? I think I will! Maybe it will encourage Rccl to keep a ship here all year. We have only cruised on Rccl, but I think I will give Carnival and this new ship a try:)!

Why would it encourage RCI to bring a ship in year around? Carnival has had the Conquest in Galveston sailing all year. Did not sway RCI.

After reading all of the complaints on the Carnival board about how crowded the Dream is and lack of space, the Magic will be even worse. Carnival found a way to add about 40 more guests on board. This is a ship that is smaller than the Voyager class and holds more guests than a Freedom class. No thanks.

I heard it was going to stay year around. The ship sounds really awesome! Anyone going to give it a try?? I think I will! Maybe it will encourage Rccl to keep a ship here all year. We have only cruised on Rccl, but I think I will give Carnival and this new ship a try:)!

WE ARE! In fact we will be with the first group when it sails out of Galveston for the first time. And this is after I swore that I would never sail on Carnival again after my last cruise on The Conquest. But I figured that it might have been the ship and not the cruiseline.

And I am a card carrying member of the R2L (Loyal to Royal) Club. Then after the cruise on The Magic if I find out I really don't care for that cruiseline then I just won't sail with them again. But I believe in giving second chances and since I am comparing ships here (Conquest to Magic) instead of the cruiseline (Carnival) I can honestly say that I did give it a try by making up my own mind and not that of an opinion by someone I don't know.

We were booked on the Magic and after reading all of the bad reviews of Dream, we jumped ship back to our favorite, RC. We hate feeling crowded and coupled with the more liberal smoking policy on CCL, we just didn't want to take a chance on a 12 nighter.

Hope you have a great experience!

We sailed the Dream in July with my family (10 of us). We did have a good time, but won't go back on the Dream (or Magic either) again. While our kids LOVED the water slides, they did not like Camp Carnival. They actually called us one day to come pick them up because they were "bored". Our boys are 9 and 11 and my nephew is 11 and they all agreed they did not want to go back. They layout of the Lido buffet is horrible with long lines. The staff was not very friendly and service was hit or miss. We did agree that the "Dancing in the Streets" show was one of the best shows we have seen on a cruise ship (outside of Disney), the theater was WAY too crowded and you have to get there at least 30 - 40 minutes early to get a seat. Service in the dining room was not the greatest and very impersonal. We did not really notice the bad smell many have referred too, but got an occasional "whif" of something everynow and then. I know many have had a good time and would sail on her again, but we will be on the Navigator in December and really looking forward to being back on her again.

Just our opinion, but there is a lot of truth to those that have had a negative experience. We will stick to RCCL for now on!

We sailed the Dream in July with my family (10 of us). We did have a good time, but won't go back on the Dream (or Magic either) again. While our kids LOVED the water slides, they did not like Camp Carnival. They actually called us one day to come pick them up because they were "bored". Our boys are 9 and 11 and my nephew is 11 and they all agreed they did not want to go back. They layout of the Lido buffet is horrible with long lines. The staff was not very friendly and service was hit or miss. We did agree that the "Dancing in the Streets" show was one of the best shows we have seen on a cruise ship (outside of Disney), the theater was WAY too crowded and you have to get there at least 30 - 40 minutes early to get a seat. Service in the dining room was not the greatest and very impersonal. We did not really notice the bad smell many have referred too, but got an occasional "whif" of something everynow and then. I know many have had a good time and would sail on her again, but we will be on the Navigator in December and really looking forward to being back on her again.

Just our opinion, but there is a lot of truth to those that have had a negative experience. We will stick to RCCL for now on!

Sounds like a lot of reasons that Carnival no longer interests me. They just don't measure up to RCI in many ways but the fact that they keep turning out the same ship design over and over keeps me from even taking them serious as a cruise choice.

They just don't measure up to RCI in many ways but the fact that they keep turning out the same ship design over and over keeps me from even taking them serious as a cruise choice.

This may change since their lead ship designer is going to be concentrating on new Costa ships after the Carnival Magic is finished.

Well, I would love to hear more comments. You may discourage me:)! I do still wish RCCL would keep a ship in Galveston year around!!

With the Oasis, Allure and Liberty in Florida, I am hoping they will move the Freedom to Galveston. I know I would be making Diamond Plus in no time at all if all I had to do was drive 45 mins down the road to take a cruise on my favorite ship.:D

With the Oasis, Allure and Liberty in Florida, I am hoping they will move the Freedom to Galveston. I know I would be making Diamond Plus in no time at all if all I had to do was drive 45 mins down the road to take a cruise on my favorite ship.:D

We also would love to have a Freedom class ship in Galveston but right now in looks like the Voyager is going to New Orleans with it first sailing November 12, 2011 and the Mariner will be sailing part-time out of Galveston.

This may change since their lead ship designer is going to be concentrating on new Costa ships after the Carnival Magic is finished.

Yes Farcus is leaving but that doesn't have anything to do with the hardware. Carnival continues to just build the same design over and over. The newly delivered Queen Elizabeth is nothing more than the often used Vista class ship of HAL. The designer can only work with the product that they are given. With Carnival, that's not much. They had a good thing with the Spirit class but only built four.

Archived