If a Four Star Mariner Sends a Gift......

sail7seas

If I, as a four star Mariner, were to purchase a gift of Pinnacle dinner for our friends who are sailing (without us), would I pay my four star Mariner price or full price? Our friends are not four star.

You might want to contact the Mariner Society for clarification, but my thought is that you would pay full price ... and the cost of the Pinnacle dining would count toward their cruise spending days. Some while ago, I was told by a Mariner rep that all money spent against a booking number counts toward those added days ... even the cost of gifts, such as the Pinnacle or flowers or beverages, purchased by others for a specific booking count toward the added spending days of those actually on the sailing.

Part of the reason I think you would pay full price is that when a four-star prebooks for himself for a sailing he pays the full Pinnacle price at that time, and the discount is reflected on the onboard account. I doubt a discount would be extended to your friends' onboard account ... but who knows?

Well Sails we took friends to the PG for dinner several times who were not 4 star and we were charged the reduced fee for the entire dinner. Of course this was onboard and we were with them. It may differ when done the way you speak of. I'd check with the Mariner Society also.

Archived