OK, no more 25$ deposit, but did you know this?

jandjfun

If you want to cruise with one of the groups, you MUST book that group by Nov. 1st, 2010. Otherwise you will be paying the full deposit as well as FULL PRICE!!!.

Nah, not buying this at all.

Cruise rates, group or otherwise, will ALWAYS be set by supply and demand.

It is silly to fall for a ploy to "buy now and save" since prices may well be lower later on. They could be higher too, but you will never know for sure unless you can foretell the future.

Since the laws of supply and demand have not changed, the pricing of cruises has not either.

If they don't want to treat groups differently than individual bookings, fine, I will make an individual booking, but I will wait for sales and will not pay FULL PRICE!! Sorry, Carnival!

Thanks Janet - I'm assuming any TA can book it this way then, not just CC's TA? If they use the same systems, this makes sense.

My TA for the 2012 cruise is on a CCL cruise herself right now, or I'd be bugging her about that one, so thanks for the input. :)

I'm thinking we'll do a CC group cruise in 2011, my 2012 is already booked with a TA. I can't wait until 2012! It's too far! LOL! Now, to go stalk the 2011 options!

I'm sorry, I can't speak for other TA's. I only know what the cruise critic TA is willing to do for us. I will keep my fingers crossed that your TA is the same as ours.:D

Did you say 2011?? Well may I point out to you my group? March 2011! Click on the links in my signature to see our rates that are good through Oct. 31st only.

Nah, not buying this at all.

Cruise rates, group or otherwise, will ALWAYS be set by supply and demand.

It is silly to fall for a ploy to "buy now and save" since prices may well be lower later on. They could be higher too, but you will never know for sure unless you can foretell the future.

Since the laws of supply and demand have not changed, the pricing of cruises has not either.

If they don't want to treat groups differently than individual bookings, fine, I will make an individual booking, but I will wait for sales and will not pay FULL PRICE!! Sorry, Carnival!

I completely understand what you are saying. Really I do.

HOWEVER, most of the CC groups have really great rates and amenities that go along with the groups too. So I wanted to be sure that everyone knew about the Nov. 1st date when ALL the group rates will go away. I can tell you for example, that my groups rates are WAY lower than full price right now and I think it is well worth knowing about it now vs. Nov. 2nd when they are gone.

PLUS, on most groups you will save money with the group rates on Hotels and tours as well.

Thanks Janet - I'm assuming any TA can book it this way then, not just CC's TA? If they use the same systems, this makes sense.

My TA for the 2012 cruise is on a CCL cruise herself right now, or I'd be bugging her about that one, so thanks for the input. :)

I'm thinking we'll do a CC group cruise in 2011, my 2012 is already booked with a TA. I can't wait until 2012! It's too far! LOL! Now, to go stalk the 2011 options!

Janet does have a fun CC Group going in March, I would be on it if I were not already a leader for one in Jan...

Janet's is the unique limited sailing to Aruba on the Miracle in March

Mine is on the Liberty and the most inexpensive CC Group 7 day Caribbean Cruise in Jan.

And for sure the Magic in 2012...That is going to be one FUN bunch of people.

About 5 CC groups all meeting up some not knowing each other, except on these boards,

and others of us having cruised time and time again with friends we first met in 09 on the Spirit...

It is going to be like a big CC group reunion...

I hope you can make at least one of our CC Groups...

I'm sorry, I can't speak for other TA's. I only know what the cruise critic TA is willing to do for us. I will keep my fingers crossed that your TA is the same as ours.:D

Did you say 2011?? Well may I point out to you my group? March 2011! Click on the links in my signature to see our rates that are good through Oct. 31st only.

I completely understand what you are saying. Really I do.

HOWEVER, most of the CC groups have really great rates and amenities that go along with the groups too. So I wanted to be sure that everyone knew about the Nov. 1st date when ALL the group rates will go away. I can tell you for example, that my groups rates are WAY lower than full price right now and I think it is well worth knowing about it now vs. Nov. 2nd when they are gone.

PLUS, on most groups you will save money with the group rates on Hotels and tours as well.

Hi Janet...

Salty there, is going on my Looneys cruise.

He is one of my 1st Looneys to join the group.

Hi Phil...

You would love going on a group cruise with Janet and her sister Judie,

they are what got me thinking I could do this leadership thing

I sure hope I pull it off 1/2 as well as they did on our 08 Spirit and 10 Dream cruises.

Janet does have a fun CC Group going in March, I would be on it if I were not already a leader for one in Jan...

Janet's is the unique limited sailing to Aruba on the Miracle in March

Mine is on the Liberty and the most inexpensive CC Group 7 day Caribbean Cruise in Jan.

And for sure the Magic in 2012...That is going to be one FUN bunch of people.

About 5 CC groups all meeting up some not knowing each other, except on these boards,

and others of us having cruised time and time again with friends we first met in 09 on the Spirit...

It is going to be like a big CC group reunion...

I hope you can make at least one of our CC Groups...

Thanks for the invites Koval & Janet - I'm pregnant, and will be far past the 24 week cut off come March! January 8th is my cutoff, so we'll be looking at later 2011 cruises. Thanks anyways! :)

The group rules have changed...but there will still be groups JMO

I book with singles group and we will continue to do so...cause we can get

roommate matching and have a good time together and be with many other singles "our age" etc

I think that other groups like "family" and special interest will still have groups but it will be harder as Carnival "takes away" the space in 30 days as was stated here

Not sure how that will work with large "theme" cruises and special groups..I think many will have to change their policies

one thing I can forsee is more "pre-booking commit your interest" type deals....like we would get 40 or 50 people to "agree" to sail during a certain week, for a certain length cruise, at an approx amount....

like "will you commit to a 7 night cruise leaving from S Florida the first 2 weeks of May 2011?"

and then give the options and get people to book at full deposit

people will understand once all the agencies and "groups" go to this manner

I don't like it, but I do see Carnival's point, there was a lot of space being held especially by large agencies.....

The CC groups are sometimes less "dedicated" but from what I see there are some large groups that have become friends...again they could do a "pre cruise" commit to cruise thing....maybe run more "are you interested, would you book?" threads and then go for it

I don't like it but again I see why Carnival is doing this : they have to watch their bottom line. Sitmar, Home Lines etc were nice cruiselines but they are long gone...Carnival's bean counters seem determined to keep Carnival profitable

Thanks for the invites Koval & Janet - I'm pregnant, and will be far past the 24 week cut off come March! January 8th is my cutoff, so we'll be looking at later 2011 cruises. Thanks anyways! :)

awww..congrats on the baby!! I wish you well on whatever cruise you choose!! :D

The group rules have changed...but there will still be groups JMO

I book with singles group and we will continue to do so...cause we can get

roommate matching and have a good time together and be with many other singles "our age" etc

I think that other groups like "family" and special interest will still have groups but it will be harder as Carnival "takes away" the space in 30 days as was stated here

Not sure how that will work with large "theme" cruises and special groups..I think many will have to change their policies

one thing I can forsee is more "pre-booking commit your interest" type deals....like we would get 40 or 50 people to "agree" to sail during a certain week, for a certain length cruise, at an approx amount....

like "will you commit to a 7 night cruise leaving from S Florida the first 2 weeks of May 2011?"

and then give the options and get people to book at full deposit

people will understand once all the agencies and "groups" go to this manner

I don't like it, but I do see Carnival's point, there was a lot of space being held especially by large agencies.....

The CC groups are sometimes less "dedicated" but from what I see there are some large groups that have become friends...again they could do a "pre cruise" commit to cruise thing....maybe run more "are you interested, would you book?" threads and then go for it

I don't like it but again I see why Carnival is doing this : they have to watch their bottom line. Sitmar, Home Lines etc were nice cruiselines but they are long gone...Carnival's bean counters seem determined to keep Carnival profitable

I completely agree that there will always be groups. It will just be much easier for groups that know each other and socialize together vs. the usual ones here that people actually meet on the cruise. But oh well, we'll have to wait to see how it works out.

My next group will be on Royal though. :D

Archived