washer & dryers

judiraindrops

has anyone experience using the laundry facilities on the cruise line..

How much does it cost to do a load? is it worth it? any information on this topic would be helpful.:)

$3.00 wash

$3.00 dry

$1.00 soap (take purex sheet, soap and dryer sheet in one)

I usually do a couple loads each cruise

I did it once years ago...Not sure on the washer/dryer prices, Probably $2-3.00 per wash and $1-2.00 to dry. They do hava a special on the ship, where you can stuff a bag and it is done for you the same day. Wash & fold. I think it was $10.00, a few years ago. I don't like to wear the same thing twice, so I pack enough for the cruise. I know a lot of people pack very little, especially with luggage fees for flying. Take the laundry sheets for wash & dry for convenience. I think they are by purex. Get to your 10th cruise and one of the perks is FREE wash & fold!!!

The dryers that I've used aren't that hot and I've always needed to dry twice. On my last cruise I used the laundry special, $15 for a bag. Well, if you do a good job rolling and smushing, you can fill the bag with most/all of your laundry.

No more laundry machines for me:)

has anyone experience using the laundry facilities on the cruise line..

How much does it cost to do a load? is it worth it? any information on this topic would be helpful.:)

I used it on a Carnival cruise and found it to be convenient. Take plenty of quarters with you or get them from the pursers. I'm packing some Purex 3-in-1 (detergent and fabric softener all in 1 little packet) (hat tip to a cruise critic member). I'll be doing laundry on our back-to-back coming up. I don't like people touching my clothing other than me.

Just got off the Dream this morning. Great Cruise!!!! Daughter didn't count days right that we would be on vacation ran out of underwear. I trip to guest services for quarters and up 1 deck from the room and we were in business. It was $3 to wash and $3 to dry the wash only took about 35 minutes. The dryer gave me a time of 90 to dry they were dry in about 40. Really nice clean area.

Just sailed on the Spirit. Disembarked 6 days ago. $3 wash ad $3 dry. Half the washers onthe ship were broken. I got up at 6am to do laundry, but someone beat me to it. I did do 2 loads over the 12 day cruise. Quarters are available at guest services. If you lose money in the machines they will reimburse you at guest services also.

There is an iron and ironing board in the laundry room which is great help!

Just got off the Dream this morning. Great Cruise!!!! Daughter didn't count days right that we would be on vacation ran out of underwear. I trip to guest services for quarters and up 1 deck from the room and we were in business. It was $3 to wash and $3 to dry the wash only took about 35 minutes. The dryer gave me a time of 90 to dry they were dry in about 40. Really nice clean area.

Where are the laundry facility?

Cathy

I always pack one of those hangers with clothes pins on it to hang laundry in the shower. The rooms have one of those pull strings to hang your things on. I bring some woolite and wash a few things in our bathroom sink. Works for me and no $. I was afraid to let the ship wash my clothes. Afraid the water would be too hot. I wash most everything in cold.

The laundry rooms are on several decks, when you get on board you can find the locations from the ship map or you can look up the locations for the ship you're sailing on the CCL website. The laundry's are usually quite clean and I've never had problems finding an empty machine.

This is probably not something that happens very often but my boss witnessed an argument between a woman who took clothes out of the dryer before it was done and a man who owned that laundry. She just took everyone's thinks out and put hers in the dryer. He said it wasn't pretty.

I used the machines a couple of times but prefer just to soak in woolite and hang dry in the shower or the balcony. DH uses Tilley clothes and it is wonderful for fast drying.

There are irons in the laundry rooms too and those are great...no charge to use them.

Would someone be kind enough to explain how it works if you decide to "stuff a bag?" and let Carnival do the wash for $10 or $15?? Do they bring your laundry back in the same bag ~ or nice and folded in a new bag?? Anyone ever lost any clothes this way or does it seem to work well??

Thanks!

We became Platinum several cruises ago, and have made good use of the free laundry perk ever since. Yes, the clothes will come back nicely folded, and in a clean bag. This is also true of the clothes sent out in the "fill a bag" special. Since qualifying for "free" laundry, we have missed an article or two, twice. We alerted the cabin Steward, and the articles were tracked down, and promptly returned to us. We always make a list of each item we send out, so we can check when the laundry is returned.

Archived