Ruby Princess cabin advice please

Wecruise8

I agree with Colo. ;) But if you want either of those (we love them) you better book them fast. I would be surprised if they are not gone already.:(

The next best would be the last cabin port or starboard before the C752/753. Still quite a bit of privacy here also. C742/743.

We booked almost a year out for our next cruise and both the aft cabins were gone. Got C742 tho:):)

Thanks for the tips. Any advice on shore excursions or are we better off (and safe) to wander around a little and do the beach a little. The whole point of this trip is to relax and have time together (with 6 kids, an elderly parent, a bunch of pets and two demanding jobs we hardly get much awake time together). Anything you can tell us is appreciated since neither of us has cruised in 10 years. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the tips. Any advice on shore excursions or are we better off (and safe) to wander around a little and do the beach a little. The whole point of this trip is to relax and have time together (with 6 kids, an elderly parent, a bunch of pets and two demanding jobs we hardly get much awake time together). Anything you can tell us is appreciated since neither of us has cruised in 10 years. Thanks in advance.

Iteniary?

We are doing this cruise in 3 weeks on the same itinerary to the Eastern Caribbean. You might want to check out the Ports of Call thread for these islands for information. I am not sure what you like to do, but there's lots to offer on these islands - beaches, shopping, water sports.

Princess Cays is the cruiseline's private island. It's a beach day with a bbq lunch.

St. Maarten - Island tours are popular if you want to see the island, go to a beach, and do some shopping. Sailing is popular here as well. As for beaches, Orient Beach is recommended a lot on cc. A lot of people like to go to Maho Beach to see the airplanes land.

St. Thomas - There are lots of snorkeling/sailing tours offered around St. Thomas and to St. John. Lots of people take the ferry over to St. John or take a taxi to Magen's Bay or Sapphire Beach. I hear there's great shopping here too.

Grand Turk - Great spot for snorkeling and scuba diving. I have heard people say they rent a golf cart and tour the island, which is pretty small like 7 sq. miles. Some people say they have snorkeled in front of Jack's Shack. A lot of people hang out at the Margaritaville pool, which is right by the cruise pier.

Good luck with your cruise planning!

Beth

R750 and R751 are not bad if you don't mind having a little smaller balcony. Still plenty of room for two to sit with a small table between. The best part is these cabins are mere steps from the Terrace pool, Outrigger bar, and the buffet if you want a snack to take back to your balcony:D.

Thanks everybody, I made notes. Next question,,,,,,,,book thru Princess or a TA? :confused: I just want to get on the boat and go. We are so loking forward to this.

Definitely through a TA. TAs are still allowed to discount Princess cruises and you can often get OBC too!

Archived