Have you stayed in a Celebrity Suite (CS) on a Solstice Class?

just_us_three

I'm looking for people who have ever stayed in a celebrity suite onboard the Eclipse or any Solstice class vessel. My DH, DS and I have booked a CS on the Eclipse but I'm worried about how much room is around the bed in the bedroom, in particular, is there enough room for a child's travel bed?

If you've stayed in a CS, would you mind giving me some details?

Thank you

We stayed in a CS on Solstice in August 2010. Space on each side of the bed is equal to a night table - not much. Why wouldn't you put the child's bed in the living room?

Hi. Thanks for replying. To answer your question, he is only 3 and goes to bed a lot earlier than we do. We plan on using the living room after he goes to sleep, especially if we get an in room babysitter. Could you tell me how big your walk in closet was? He has slept in one before ;)

The closet might be a little small for a three year old -- I think a small child could fit in there but it might be a bit claustophobic -- no windows and a door that closes (i.e., it is not just an open closet area). It is walk-in, but not huge. You can probably find some pix on this board.

Could you put him to bed in your bed and then when it came time for you and hubby to go to bed, pick him up and move him to living room? At that age, I could have moved my son to a tent in the backyard while he was asleep and he would not have known. But every child is different in that respect. Good luck!

We have just arrived back from a cruise on Celebrity Eclipse where we had a Celebrity Suite. I would say there is nowhere near enough room in the bedroom to put a travel cot, neither would one fit in the built-in wardrobe. I would agree with the earlier post that you put the child to sleep in your bed and move him when the time comes.

Here's what I want to know: If you have in-room babysitting, are you planning to ask the sitter to stay in the bedroom? On your bed? And, when you get back to the suite after a fun night out, wouldn't you rather "use" the bedroom?;)

This thread is cracking me up. I was going to suggest maybe the child could sleep out on the balcony, but I have a baby boy myself and I wouldn't want child services to come after me!:eek:

• 3 weeks later...
We have just arrived back from a cruise on Celebrity Eclipse where we had a Celebrity Suite. I would say there is nowhere near enough room in the bedroom to put a travel cot, neither would one fit in the built-in wardrobe. I would agree with the earlier post that you put the child to sleep in your bed and move him when the time comes.

Can you tell me what you mean by 'built in wardrobe'? Is that the walk-in closet or a different thing? Just wondering if there are two clothing places. Thanks

Archived