Waitlist - No waitlist

pb3053

Could someone advise me as to the meaning of 'Waitlist and No Waitlist' on our bookings please.

We are first timers on the Independence of The Seas and a party of 4. My wife and I are shown on the RCI site as 'No Waitlist' but my sister and her husband are shown as 'Waitlist'. At the time of booking I asked for a table for 4 at the 1st sitting so we are a bit perplexed both by what Waitlisting is and why it appears both couples are shown in a different category despite the request for a table for 4 !.

Sounds like your in laws are waitlisted for the seating you are at. Did you have the bookings cross referenced? If not, call whomever you booked through and have them linked. If your seating is full though you may have to wait until you are on board to have it changed.

Hi Sue,

Yes our bookings are crosslinked in so far as they show the other parties booking reference. Thats why we are a bit puzzled,

Hmm, that makes no sense because if the bookings are in different seatings the system will not allow them to be linked. Who did you book through? Get them on the phone , Rccl is open today and find out what is happening.

Contacted our TA today and they spoke with RCI, a 'clerical lag in updating' I am told and all has now been sorted.

Thats interesting point from CB At Sea, not having sailed with RCI before I didnt know that our table number would appear on our sea pass. That will be useful as I wont have to dash off to the Dinning Room immediately on boarding if both parties sea pass's verify the same table number.

Thanks for your responses.

Archived