Empress of the Seas Review 1/31/05

skydawg

Great review!

I will be on the 5 night Empress in Sept. with my parents. I'm in my 50's & they are in there 70's but VERY active. It will be interesting to see how the age mix is then.

A couple years ago DH & I were on HAL which has the reputation of an older crowd & was surprised to see all the younger people our age onboard. Guess it's hit & miss with any cruise.

If anyone has any info on the Jr. Suites on deck 9 I'd love to hear it. This will be my 1st time in a suite, but it was cheaper to book 3 of us in the JS than 2 seperate rooms & pay the single supplement for me.

There was lots of complaining on this boat. You would think many of them would just be happy to have woken up.

Too funny. I hope we never get that old.

Jane and I are low 50's but we have fun. I'd way rather be "stuck" with a bunch of 30'ers than old fogeys.

I really can't stand it when the conversations center around surgeries and medical problems and comparing doctors. Yikes! I gotta get up and get going at that point.

Keep us posted. You sound like a fun crowd.

Hi All!

We were on the same cruise. The only problems we had with having so many old people was that you had to get to the show at least 45 minutes early.

We are in the low 50's and I really had no problem with any age. I didn't see people complaining. We won trivia 4 times during the week. Took 4 dance classes.

The only event that was filled to the max was the 70's disco party - standing room only!

Our tablemates were in their 40's and they seemed more like party poopers than most. they never did an excursion, complained about every port, never went to a show.

2 of our excursions were cancelled but that was due to rough seas not to a lack of participants. Matter of fact the swim with the turtles sold out both time slots - wish it wasn't cancelled.

I have to say that I always saw people washing their hands in the bathrooms. the handicapped stalls had sinks in them and I washed in those - perhaps that is why you think people didn't wash?

I will say I saw more people playing cards in the card area (can't call it a room)

I really enjoyed being with adults without crying babies and kids running around without supervision.

Don't worry about the age of the people on the cruise - with it lasting two work weeks you have to expect there will be older people - younger can't take that mush time off or afford a long cruise. You will definitley enjoy the cruise!

jku2

I am not concerned about having older folks on the trip. We are 53 and 49, I would rather have that than screaming kids if I have a choice. Complaining happens with ANY age group it is not exclusive to older folks.But the fact that many folks play cards and do not use the chairs relaxing in the sun, do not take exploring excursions is a good thing as far as I am concerned. We are still looking forward to a great cruise...

Archived