Know nothing of CC, but...

DALSAL

Sorry to say that I know nothing about Camp Carnival, as our (10 months) baby never got to go.We were on the Conquest Sept 26th cruise. The first few days, she had the time of her life, but after that, things digressed. She spent a good two full days in the infirmary with a dangerously high temp, sick at both ends, ear infection and throat infection! Poor baby was so sick. BUT...I can tell you that the doctors were fantastic! I had always heard that there is no one experienced to take care of a baby on the ship, but if thats true, we got SO very lucky. We had two doctors that were in Pediatrics in private practice. We are so thankful for these caring people. Baby Lilly is at her own doctor this morning,so waiting to hear how she is. I hope to post some pics later of her enjoying her swimming pool on our balcony. She waved and told everyone "hi", her new word! But, because of the stress to mom, dad, and me (MeMe), if we had it to do over again, we would not have taken her on this cruise. Now, if things had not developed differently, we would probably say, by all means, take an infant. She had a love/hate relationship with her first cruise!

It sounds like she caught one of the nasty stomach bugs going around, maybe even norovirus. Unfortunately it can happen anywhere. Luckily my kids havent been sick on any cruises yet but the potential is always there and I am prepared for it. Sorry it turned out the way it did for you.

Oh honey I have been there! That's how my youngest spent her first cruise -- just substitute the word "Carnival" in your post and write "Disney" and I could have written your story.

My youngest (was 8 months at the time) caught something, stopped breathing and was seizing :eek: -- so I know how fast those ship docs can jump into action. I would never have a bad word to say for the treatment we received on that ship. So I can relate.

My heart goes out to you and Baby Lily's parents. I know how helpless they must have felt. That ocean feels like you are in outer space when your baby is sick.

I hope she feels better soon.

Oh honey I have been there! That's how my youngest spent her first cruise -- just substitute the word "Carnival" in your post and write "Disney" and I could have written your story.

My youngest (was 8 months at the time) caught something, stopped breathing and was seizing :eek: -- so I know how fast those ship docs can jump into action. I would never have a bad word to say for the treatment we received on that ship. So I can relate.

My heart goes out to you and Baby Lily's parents. I know how helpless they must have felt. That ocean feels like you are in outer space when your baby is sick.

I hope she feels better soon.

michelle - thanks for your post! I had no idea about youngest DD and medivac. So glad she's OK today, and that you continue to post very good cruise info.!

Thanks everyone! On our way home from Galveston, I thought Lilly looked like she was developing a rash, and sure enough, when she went to her doctor, she had a rash and he knew right away, it was Roseola!! So, shes feeling much much better. Her dad had it at her age too,but his temp was even higher than hers!

Our one complaint about this cruise, was the fact that we had no idea Camp Carnival was over our cabins! :eek: All week it sounded like a herd of elephants running up and down the halls, but I could never see anyone when I looked out the door. Well...the second night of Lilly being in the infirmary, we had just gotten her back to our cabin, and it started up again, with all kinds of screaming and sounds of tables and chairs being moved across our ceiling! We were on the Spa Deck cabins, 1110 and 1112. We thought the Lido was right over us and wondered why they were acting like this...well...at 3 am, we couldnt settle Lilly down because of the noise, so I went storming out and was determined to find someone! LOL...a young man was coming down the stairs, and told me CC was having a sleep over for the 8-12 year olds and they were having mini balloon wars!! I said, well, its 3 am, we have a sick back and they are really disturbing us. So, within two seconds it was taken care of!! They might have moved the noise to the other side of the ship! LOL...poor ppl if they did.

Also, both cabins had terrible sewer smells, and my bathroom floor felt soft in places like the sub flooring was gone. We had to have them come in and fix the shower, sink and toliet, as they were not draining or working properly. Also, my sons cabin door would not close right and you had to really work with it to get closed which made the loudest noise which was not good with trying to be quiet and not wake Lilly up if she ever went to sleep. We had been told that we could open the joining balcony door,but when we got there, they told us NO. So we were not happy campers about this either. Both balcony doors would not stay closed and would open up during the night, and this was even before TS Nicole came calling! During the storm, they had to come in with a drill and put a long screw in my sons door to keep it closed, and were suppose to come back and fix it, but guess they forgot and my son had to call them to get them to come take it out so he could use his balcony. So, stear clear of these cabins!! Dot

Archived