Disembarking in Jamaica

Dartmoordan

Can anyone give us any advice re disembarking from Braemar in Jamaica. We are travelling on 17.03.10 from Barbados and ending in Jamaica 31.03.10. What we would interested in is does anyone know approx return flight times, I know Fred won't publish these for a while, and also if its an afternoon or evening flight has anyone any experience of a ships tour that you can take on the last day, there is only a beach trip showing on the website and I'm not sure if this will be available on the last day.Our reasons is purely we like to see as much as possible and prefer not to wait on the ship. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Can't comment on Fred but disembarked from a P&O at Jamaica a couple of years ago.

You have to put your hold luggage outside your cabin by 2am the day you disembark. This does give you time to take off your finery from the previous night and pack it away. I manage to have all I need until I get home in my medium-sized beach bag. You won't then see your luggage until you get get to baggage reclaim back in the UK.

There will be ships tours to take if you want - one of two will finish directly at the airport. Or you can stay on board and catch the last of the rays. You will be called to one of the lounges when it's time for your flight - then all onto coaches for the airport.

I am hoping Fred does a fast track so you just go straight to security.

It's about a 7 hour flight. We are disembarking at Barbados on 11 November and the flight is at 17:10 to land in Manchester at 05:20 the next morning.

Thanks Gelbel, we just prefer to get off the ship and do something on our last day, I just don't seem to be able to relax when its being cleaned. I'm used to the 02.00 luggage outside the cabin, think it was 01.00 on the Braemar. We did the Barbados cruise this March and did the farewell tour ending at the airport the tour was ok went to see the church at St. Johns, had lunch at a plantation house and the concorde museum which hubbie enjoyed.We found it much better than waiting on the ship.

Archived