Puzzling Question - Summit????

Vmalcolm

OK, I posted earlier looking for information on Cabin 8061 on the Summit which is not listed as obstructed on the web site, but I read earlier reviews (2007) that said it was partially obstructed by window washing equipment along with 8063. The web site indicates that 8067 and 8069 are obstructed, so I assumed the equipment had moved there.

I wrote to Celebrity to ask and here is their reply:

Dear Ms. Malcolm:

Thank you for your email.

Your present stateroom has a 40% obstruction. Staterooms 8067 and 8069 have a 50% obstruction due to the window washing machine. Stateroom 8063 does not have any obstruction.

Ms. Malcolm, thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises

This cabin is a C2 and is located midship on the Panorama deck...not near elevators...just similiarly configured cabins. WHAT COULD THE OBSTRUCTION POSSIBLY BE?????

Thanks for any input/guesses!

Valerie

Thanks for the suggestions. I just can't figure it out! They say the window washing equipment has moved down a few cabins, and the lifeboats are two decks down. It's just puzzling...I am suspecting it might be a leftover notation from when the equipment was by the cabin a year or two ago. My travel agent has contacted Celebrity and they don't know what it was and were going to call the ship. I haven't heard back anything yet. I think I'm going to go ahead and keep the cabin because I like the location. I'll take it up with Celebrity if it ends up being a serious obstruction as it wasn't indicated on their floor plans.

Valerie

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the suggestions. I just can't figure it out! They say the window washing equipment has moved down a few cabins, and the lifeboats are two decks down. It's just puzzling...I am suspecting it might be a leftover notation from when the equipment was by the cabin a year or two ago. My travel agent has contacted Celebrity and they don't know what it was and were going to call the ship. I haven't heard back anything yet. I think I'm going to go ahead and keep the cabin because I like the location. I'll take it up with Celebrity if it ends up being a serious obstruction as it wasn't indicated on their floor plans.

Valerie

Hello,

I saw your post concering CC cabin # 8063 on Celebrity Summit back in 2010. I have just booked this cabin as well and came across this.

Was the washing equipment still there when you were on the ship and what was your experience?

Thank you

Archived