Voyager of the seas 3/05- Dress? FUN?

Mugsy1976

Hello! We are going on the voyager 3/5/05. I have never sailed with RCI & i was wondering how formal is the formal night? Can ladies pass with dress pants at all? Do the guys HAVE to wear tux's? How many sit at each table? ARe most eating places outside of the dining area extra? I only went on 1 cruise a few years ago with carnival & there was no upgrade restaurants or anything. I am just nervous as to what to expect since i read some things saying most things are NOT included anymore. It gets confusing & worrysome! :confused: How are the drink prices? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much ! Mugsy1976

Typically less than half the men wear tuxes, most are in suits, but you'll see just about everything. As far as ladies go, most seem to like to dress up, formal gowns, cocktail dresses, etc. but some certainly will wear pants... You'll be fine if you do. I would say wear whatever you're comfortable in and don't worry about anyone else!... As long as you don't wear jeans in the dining room - there are those on this board who would have you walk the plank for that offence! ;)

Table sizes vary... On Voyager there is one extra charge restaurant - Portofino, an Italian restaurant (on Navigator the charge is now $25 per person, not sure if Voyager is still $20 or now $25 as well). There's also a $3.95 charge to eat at Johnny Rockets. You can also eat at the Windjammer (buffet style) for no extra charge. On the Royal Promenade the Cafe Promenade serves pizza, sandwiches, cookies, and desserts for no extra charge.

I can't help much with drink prices other than Coke... It's $1.50 per can + 15%, or you can buy a "Coke card" that entitles you to unlimited fountain Coke for the week for $42 +15%.

Hi Mugsy1976, we are on the same sailing as you. If I was computer savvy I would send you the link for the "Meet & Mingle" for this cruise however the best I can do is: on main menu page scroll down to Roll Call section, click on Royal Caribb Meet & Mingle, find the thread "Voyager 3/5/05" and join us. We only have ten people right now (25 minimum req'd); it doen't look like we are going to have the minimum so we are having our own M & M, read the thread for details. My previous 2 cruises were a long time ago and I wore a tux. This time I am wearing a suit (after much personal debate:D ). Portofino's is the "pay for" alt. restaurant.

Voyager is my favorite ship! You'll love every minute. The cafe on the Royal Promendade has great mini sandwiches... and chocolate desserts to die for (well, maybe not die). No charge. I've been told the cookies are excellent. The only negative is the pizza. For some strange reason, Carnival tops RCL in the pizza department!

Yogi

Archived