Banned List

Louise D

Controversy in a recent thread reminded me that it is very likely that Cunard has a "Banned List" of passengers who have given trouble in the past and are to be refused passage if they try to book again in the future.

I know other cruise lines such as Silverseas definitely have a "Banned List" and are not afraid to use it. I think that it is a good idea.

Louise

nice to see money can not buy everything! to bad she did not use her money on good manners and maybe she should go to AA or anger management therapy, waiting on the other shoe to drop to hear the other side of this story, apparently there is something she has left out and playing the race card to get her 15 minutes of fame!! I am so tired of all this politically correct crap get over it already we are have been called different names thoughout our lives and its never going to stop, grin and walk away that pisses them off even more when you do not give them the time of day again the media has exploited another one sided story!!

nice to see money can not buy everything! to bad she did not use her money on good manners and maybe she should go to AA or anger management therapy, waiting on the other shoe to drop to hear the other side of this story, apparently there is something she has left out and playing the race card to get her 15 minutes of fame!! I am so tired of all this politically correct crap get over it already we are have been called different names thoughout our lives and its never going to stop, grin and walk away that pisses them off even more when you do not give them the time of day again the media has exploited another one sided story!!

A Cunard Newbie!

Welcome. What brings you to pastures new......?

I have been member here on c/c for some time and was just following story about this couple I am from nj and and I have been on only 16 cruises through Carnival and NCL and seen the news piece on Tv. and figured there was a lot more to this story as cruise lines do not throw folks off ship if there is not a really good reason, I just had to throw my thoughts out there there is most likely a Dr. Jaykle and Mr. Hyde personality involved in this story, lookin to hear what the commander has to say and the other couple who were involved no doubt it will soon surface, thank you for the warm welcome and I will be visiting once in awhile to say hello

yes i agree, you have to do something pretty bad to get kicked off a ship and I'm sure its a process in which many staff had to give reports of this couples unruly behavioral to the captain before he took action. Why at the end of the TV report did she feel that she had to mention that the owner of boat is jewish?

yes i agree, you have to do something pretty bad to get kicked off a ship and I'm sure its a process in which many staff had to give reports of this couples unruly behavioral to the captain before he took action. Why at the end of the TV report did she feel that she had to mention that the owner of boat is jewish?

I believe she may have said that, assuming that the owner will stick up for her because of their similarities. I would guess that her assumption is wrong though.:)

Well no one is letting this go are they even though 2 threads have been closed.:rolleyes: The Captain may be right but it is sure not good public relations amongst a significant Jewish community. Surely the person who said there were too many Jews on Cunard should have been ordered to leave the ship too...wouldn't you agree with this:confused:

I was on a cruise in 2009 and 4 people were left in Mexico due to altercations on board they were college age, they got in fight with other passengers were INTOXACATED AND VERY UNRULEY, AND THEY WERE TOLD THEY WOULD HAVE TO LEAVE THE SHIP, so it does not matter what race, what color or age if you do not follow the laws while at sea you are in dire straits, and try to behave in a decent way to prevent yourself or friends from getting into trouble, I used to travel with a friend who unfortunatly when they drank got very nasty and was afraid he would cause problems, I did stop traveling with him as my vacations were not enjoyable worrying whether he was going to get in some sort of trouble with other passengers. I am a lover not a fighter, so I choose not to travel with him anymore, and now enjoy a less stressful vacations.

Well no one is letting this go are they even though 2 threads have been closed.:rolleyes: The Captain may be right but it is sure not good public relations amongst a significant Jewish community. Surely the person who said there were too many Jews on Cunard should have been ordered to leave the ship too...wouldn't you agree with this:confused:

you are right about slurs but please these people are old school seniors and half the time they do not remember what they had to eat 2 hours ago, my folks are in thier 80 ,s and half the time do zealously embellish stories, or do not remember the exact words that were spoken and add to thier stories and we have to correct them often, this women knows how to play the race card and I still think there are 2 sides to every story so untill we know the true facts we have to listen to her ranting that she is the poor victim, she screwed up and used up her last chance to be a model passenger, there is got to be more to this incindent that led up to the final straw!! to have them leave the ship, we still have not heard from the other party!!

Certainly that person was very rude.... but I have heard comments aimed at gays (a couple really nasty comments at that), Americans, eastern Europeans, etc..... some people are just pretty nasty, but the response is to either make a private complaint (and get your table changed) or just walk away.... evidently there was much more that happened. Having said this, I think the person making the comment should have at least been warned, and maybe he/she was. It was the extreme reaction and the previous problems that led to the actions by the Captain.

Still with this rationale, eh?

We do not know, For Certain, what was said, Period. It is irresponsible to continue with this until such time as we know both sides of the story. If something along those lines were said, then yes, the other party should have been given the boot as well.

Still with this rationale, eh?

We do not know, For Certain, what was said, Period. It is irresponsible to continue with this until such time as we know both sides of the story. If something along those lines were said, then yes, the other party should have been given the boot as well.

lets put this in respective If I said there were to many white people on board would I be thrown off the ship.. REALLY.... I am so tired of people pulling out the race card or thier silver spoon, when they do not get thier way!! I don't care what color, what background where you are from, RUDE is rude ignore the idiots and walk away and avoid the unpleasentness do not egg them on to get yourself in position of getting tossed from your vacation, she should have gotten up and had her table changed and deal with the reality of bigetry its out there everywhere you can not police everyone in the world so she needs to get a grip and deal with the REAL world, again take a good look at herself in a mirror does she kiss her grand children with that mouth to let go that f bomb on the tv interview shows many what she really is!! not a nice person!!!!

Standing in line for a table on an Azamara cruise last year the couple in front were asked if they would be prepared to share a table. The reply was yes but not with British people. We live in the UK but just treated his comment with disdain. We know that most Americans are not like that, thankfully. So yes many people make insulting comments. They often get away with it as most people do not go on holiday to spend time getting upset.

Standing in line for a table on an Azamara cruise last year the couple in front were asked if they would be prepared to share a table. The reply was yes but not with British people. We live in the UK but just treated his comment with disdain. We know that most Americans are not like that, thankfully. So yes many people make insulting comments. They often get away with it as most people do not go on holiday to spend time getting upset.

Sounds like you had a narrow escape.

People get into arguments and use rude words all the time. Is that reason to kick someone of the ship of course not. Just because someone is called a Jew or Yankee or whatever slang you wish to use, people need to learn to walk away.

I'm sure the lady did a lot more then use the F bomb to get kicked off the boat. Plus she is using the race card which leads me to believe she is the one who is not right in this situation.

And why would Jewish people stop going on Cunard? just because one Jewish person got kicked off? that's ridiculous

We've shared a table with Brits any number of times, and aside from the language barrier have always enjoyed it.:)

You really have to push the rules to get put off the ship. As one eye witness stated about these people:

My wife and I heard her obscene rant in the Queens Grill Lounge about not being allowed to play the piano. Based on that alone we support the Commodore's decision. BTW, I believe they were in the Queen Mary suite on Deck 10; there are worse places in which to be confined.

We were on a cruise where three teenage boys kept getting drunk and raising hell and their parents did nothing, even though Security visited with them several times. Final straw was when on the way back to the ship in Coz, they mooned everyone on the tender. One was deported out of Mexico and the other two were confined to their cabin with a crew member at the door for the last two days of the cruise.

People get into arguments and use rude words all the time. Is that reason to kick someone of the ship of course not. Just because someone is called a Jew or Yankee or whatever slang you wish to use, people need to learn to walk away.

I'm sure the lady did a lot more then use the F bomb to get kicked off the boat. Plus she is using the race card which leads me to believe she is the one who is not right in this situation.

And why would Jewish people stop going on Cunard? just because one Jewish person got kicked off? that's ridiculous

Amen to that, would you want her as your Poster child I think Not!!

I am a fairly even, quiet sort of person but if I overheard any comment about not wanting to be placed with "British people" they would feel the wrath of my tongue (and maybe the F word too!). Would I be classed as "pulling the race card"?

We once asked to be moved on HAL as we had been placed with a table of foreigners, none of whom spoke English very well...I think because we had a Spanish address we had been lumped with the few non-english speakers on board. Our table had 2 Japanese, 2 French and a German guy. Wasn't much fun and quite hard work.

Whatever this couple were like, and I accept they sound obnoxious, the other couple sound just as bad. As for posters coming on....after all this time, and saying they saw/heard them, well, notice there were no postings before the publicity:rolleyes:

One one cruise we were repeatedly sat for breakfast at a table with a group of British people who constantly complained about everything Cunard.

Finally we began asking the steward not to seat us with "moaners", and he understood very well, and we had more positive buddies after that.

Having also shared the Captains table with Commodore Warner, and had many short conversations with him at evening functions, I cannot think that he would take action without good reason.

I certainly do not condone any religious or other slurs or language, but you certainly do hear it when 85 yr olds drink, such as my father.

I hope that Cunard's action in this case sends a message to other disruptive people, and maybe even the moaners: why not either keep your mouth shut or be positive while on a trip?

I wonder if someone could clear up the timing: we were on the Sept 10 crossing from NY, from remote Quebec (joke please), and I did hear the piano story.

stop

David

How well does anyone know the captain of a ship from a few brief conversations when he has his "public face" on, how snobby and silly is that! So y'all discussed Cunards policies and his management style:)

One one cruise we were repeatedly sat for breakfast at a table with a group of British people who constantly complained about everything Cunard.

Bit of a slur here isn't there?

one thought!!!

why can't we as a world of civilized people keep our personal feelings to ourselves and not throw out our hurtful words to others, blame it on the DRINK!! and the upbringing!!! I just do not know what is wrong with people, we are older then the new generation, we should know BETTER! and be role models to the younger generation. very childish behavior and stupid!!!!

As for posters coming on....after all this time, and saying they saw/heard them, well, notice there were no postings before the publicity:rolleyes:

I can't be bothered to look back, but the two reports I've read from those on board at the time (one of them a private report and I therefore have no intention of repeating what was said, save to say that it concurred with that of the poster on CC) both come from extremely reliable and honest long-term members of this board.

I imagine the reason for their previous reticence was that the bad behaviour of a couple of difficult people on a cruise was hardly worthy of more general airing.

Mary

I can't be bothered to look back, but the two reports I've read from those on board at the time (one of them a private report and I therefore have no intention of repeating what was said, save to say that it concurred with that of the poster on CC) both come from extremely reliable and honest long-term members of this board.

I imagine the reason for their previous reticence was that the bad behaviour of a couple of difficult people on a cruise was hardly worthy of more general airing.

Mary

all you have to do is google thier names and you will find out what cunnard had to say about the couple as little as they can say, which will shed some light on what starrted her rantings

Archived